New York-Hudson Valley

Hotel review for tarry town?

anyone stay or have guest stay @ The Sheraton or Doubletree hotels in Tarrytown? I need to do a room block and was curious how people's stay was.........amenities decent? Bar for after party?

Re: Hotel review for tarry town?

• PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Doubletree in Tarrytown to look at it for my wedding as a venue.  They have an outdoor area depending on when your wedding is and they have a rather large bar area for an after party... it's pretty nice.  My FI is very particular so we decided against that place for specific reasons and we felt the rooms were a little on the expensive side for what we were getting, like breakfast wasn't inlcuded in the price. 
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lkbeachlkbeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never stayed at the hotels, but I did take a tour of the Sheraton, Marriott Suites, and DoubleTree.  I decided to do my room block for my September, 2012 wedding at the Sheraton.  It's really modern, rooms are spacious, full kitchen to order meals, nice lounge/bar area open late for wedding after party, and nice outdoor patio area. 
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had my wedding at the doubletree. it was fabulous! warm chocolate chip cookies at check in (and whenever you want), the rooms are really nice and the hotel was recently redone.  the bar is a fairly large but did close at i think 1am which was a little disappointing but everyone still had a great time. would highly recommend./ we got a room block for 89.night
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hotel-review-tarry-town?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:36b1ad28-f3bf-435e-9b1f-2c3b6f697698Post:ad68a2c2-8727-4710-bfc1-71ddd6fdddca">Re: Hotel review for tarry town?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i had my wedding at the doubletree. it was fabulous! warm chocolate chip cookies at check in (and whenever you want), the rooms are really nice and the hotel was recently redone.  the bar is a fairly large but did close at i think 1am which was a little disappointing but everyone still had a great time. would highly recommend./ we got a room block for 89.night
    Posted by vienna1121[/QUOTE]

I don't know when your wedding was vienna but you lucked out major!  When we were looking to have our wedding there they quoted us $169 for the room block without breakfast included.  A little too pricey for my tastes. 
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it depends, where is your reception?  if your reception is in new rochelle, those are a far ride from there and I would suggest the crowne plaza in white plains. otherwise the doubletree is great
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards