Offbeat Weddings

Maybe you creative girls can help me out with this one... I'm not creative enough!!!

So fi and I are having a bit of an alternative wedding (Vegas, blue wedding dress, non-traditional music, nothing too out there). But our general theme is "crap we like" Wink

With that said, my teenagers (who are very fun free-spirits) are getting into the whole wedding planning vibe, and I'm trying to encourage that since I'm glad they approve of fi and are happy we're getting married.

Well, my older daughter H (who will be almost 18 by the wedding) was hanging out with me while I was cruising the knot and I told her that someone's daughetr was going to be her "Maid of Awesome", and she promptly called dibs on the title.

Which is super cool, but now younger daughter B (will be 15) and son G (will be almost 21) want cool titles too, and we can't think of anything. B wants to be called the "Maid of Tacos", but we nixed that.

Any suggestions (can be funny or cool or whatever) are so appreciated. All three kids will be standing up on my side. I suggested "Best Dude" to G, and he didn't think that was good enough, so I think they want crazy. HELP ME!
Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Maybe you creative girls can help me out with this one... I'm not creative enough!!!

• I personally love "Maid of Tacos" and "Best Dude" LOL. What about having daughter #2 come up with an adjective she feels describes her? It's really sweet they're so excited about it. My daughter was excited, but very uninvolved and sometimes I really wanted her to be a little more into the whole thing. 
  • I love "Maid of Tacos" and "Best Dude!" But I think balletdawn had an awesome suggestion.

You like music? How about "Maid of Rock Star?"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like Best dude too, he's the one who wants something weirder. He's into viseo games, maybe he can come up with something gamer related!

Maybe I'll let her go with maid of tacos. It just sounds to me like she's "Made out of tacos". I guess there's  nothing wrong with that!  We're probably not doing programs anyway, so whatever goes, right? Thanks!
  • Ok, so this is terrible and perverted of me, but I think like a 12 year old boy sometimes. I saw Maid of Tacos and my mind immediately went...there. To the dirty place. Which I know was probably not AT AAAALLLL her intention, but that is what I would think first if I saw that in a program. But since your probably not doing programs, my next thought would definitely be the "made out of tacos" part. I would try and persuade her to stick to adjectives (and definitely something less dirty). I don't really she's looking for in her Maid name, so my suggestion box is coming up empty.
  • I like Maid of Tacos! lol!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_maybe-you-creative-girls-can-help-me-out-with-this-one-im-not-creative-enough?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:ea78df26-dd32-4a9e-8b20-ef9513a7b92fPost:3abff953-790b-41d9-8b23-3f1064a9a22e">Re: Maybe you creative girls can help me out with this one... I'm not creative enough!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so this is terrible and perverted of me, but I think like a 12 year old boy sometimes. I saw Maid of Tacos and my mind immediately went...there. To the dirty place. Which I know was probably not AT AAAALLLL her intention, but that is what I would think first if I saw that in a program. But since your probably not doing programs, my next thought would definitely be the "made out of tacos" part. I would try and persuade her to stick to adjectives (and definitely something less dirty). I don't really she's looking for in her Maid name, so my suggestion box is coming up empty.
    Posted by sjhansen28[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my brain went there too. I'm not sure she's aware of that particular slang, but other people would be!

I think it will help to tell her it has to be an adjective. I don't know why I didn't think of that. That will help a bunch!
  • Well, I learn something new every day! I had no idea "tacos" could be perverted, HA! Thanks for the education!
  • Maid of Marvelous? Maid of Magnificence? For some reason I like alliteration here.
    What kind of games does your "Best Dude" play? I bet there's some kind of character or theme he could use from one of his favorites  Smile
  • I'm a huge fan of the Big Bang Theory so Maid of Bazinga seems like a cool title to me. I also like How I met your mother so something "ledgen- wait for it... dary" would be something else I'd try to work in. I'm not sure if they're into any of those shows but maybe that's something else they could look into pulling ideas from.

This really makes me want to have my maids and men pick subtitles. Thanks for the idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think the adjective idea is a good one...I think theres lots adjectives that could work....having said that...if you are not doing programs are anyone but your family going to know how thier 'roles' are being refered as anyways? Most weddings I have been to dont announce "and now the maid of honor will walk down the aisle"....usually the only time its mentioned is in the speechs, and given its your kids i would think it would be more appropriate to say "the daughter of the bride would like to make a speech" anyways....

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• They LOVE Big Bang Theory. Bazinga may be a new one to fight over! And I do the the Maid of Marvelous as well. I'll see what she thinks.

I'm not sure what all my son plays, I know he's into Zelda, and plays SkyRim and Call of Duty, but beyond that they all look the same to me. I'll have to ask.

toothpastechica - yeah, the titles are completely arbitrary and just for funzies. It's a super small wedding, there will be no toasts, so they likely won't be announced at any time. They just want to do it for fun, so I'm letting them. But others will mostb definitely hear about them! They've already been plotting with friends, and I know it will go onto their facebook pages. That's why I'm overseeing it a bit (and keeping it pg-13!)

Thanks again all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards