Snarky Brides

Bizarre Groomsmen gifts

Does anyone else find the groomsmen gift ideas online and such a little ridiculous?  Why are all of the gifts meant for old rich country club men?  A pocket watch?  A money clip?  A flask?    Does anyone have any ideas of things the guys will actually use?  My FI has been looking for months and our wedding is in 17 days!  Thanks :) 

Re: Bizarre Groomsmen gifts

• We're getting the groomsmen tuxedo t-shirts for the rehearsal and then either engraved flasks or beer mugs. 
  • Go with what your GM will like. Find out his favorite things.

For our BM he went to Clemson, and he loves cuff links so we got him a pair. And my DH got him a knife that they both like. They're boys.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are just doing stuff for each guy that they like.  Round of golf, concert tickets, ketchup and Beano, lol.

You dont need to get them all the same thing.  Shop like its their birthday. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • concert tickets is very generous!  I hope its not to a lady gaga concert :P lol  Thanks gifts.  Shop like its their birthday is a very smart way to put it!
  • thanks girls not gifts   haha u see whats on my mind
  • It doesnt have to be expensive.  If they are sports fans what about a team sweatshirt or t-shirt?

You dont have to do a round of golf, you could just do golf balls and tee's.  Insead of concert tickets, maybe get them their favorite bands newest cd or dvd of their concert?  A bottle of their favorite booze?

Crown Royal and Jack Daniels will send you personalized labels for their bottles on their website for free.  They can engrave the bottles for you too for a price.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got ours tickets to a college football game they all go to every year together, except one, who we got a fancy leather passport holder for.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • We gave ours a giant beer mug since they all like their beer!  They were personalized with their name and the wedding date.  They loved them!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are getting the groomsmen watches from Fossil,but they are also my FI brothers,and are travelling for the wedding. So we decided to spend a bit more.
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bizarre-groomsmen-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47d0b675-8bb9-4bc1-8e7a-423e45c403a0Post:4f0121a7-5ce8-4e6b-84e6-ecc6d4f75ff8">Bizarre Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else find the groomsmen gift ideas online and such a little ridiculous?  Why are all of the gifts meant for old rich country club men?  A pocket watch?  A money clip?  A flask?    Does anyone have any ideas of things the guys will actually use?  My FI has been looking for months and our wedding is in 17 days!  Thanks :) 
    Posted by Jax333[/QUOTE]

Eh I guess it depends on who it is and your style.  I love flasks, pocket watches and money clips.  All of the guys in our wedding party would use these sorts of things.  We're actually giving our groomsmen leather flasks with their names engraved on the silver part.  There's a back compartment that holds cigars, cigarettes, money, credit cards, etc.

ETA: We're also giving each groomsman a bottle of their fav alcohol and personalized golf tees.  Basically they all drink and golf lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bizarre-groomsmen-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47d0b675-8bb9-4bc1-8e7a-423e45c403a0Post:19ec68a3-913f-4b43-90bb-98671b2d16f4">Re: Bizarre Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]It doesnt have to be expensive.  If they are sports fans what about a team sweatshirt or t-shirt?  You dont have to do a round of golf, you could just do golf balls and tee's.  Insead of concert tickets, maybe get them their favorite bands newest cd or dvd of their concert?  A bottle of their favorite booze? Crown Royal and Jack Daniels will send you personalized labels for their bottles on their website for free.  They can engrave the bottles for you too for a price.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Blue....where is that option on the Jack Daniel's website??
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    Booze. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bizarre-groomsmen-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47d0b675-8bb9-4bc1-8e7a-423e45c403a0Post:f6bf26a1-f232-4787-b0a2-8ba973e16ea8">Re: Bizarre Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bizarre Groomsmen gifts : Blue....where is that option on the Jack Daniel's website??
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

Not sure.  FI is a nightclub manager and his liqor rep told him about it.  He is going to do it for us.

Crown will also embroider the purple felt bags that they come in as well.  Ill ask FI to ask his rep and let you know!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bizarre-groomsmen-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47d0b675-8bb9-4bc1-8e7a-423e45c403a0Post:818a52ed-e833-425a-8c28-5fd81ceb17b0">Re: Bizarre Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bizarre Groomsmen gifts : Not sure.  FI is a nightclub manager and his liqor rep told him about it.  He is going to do it for us. Crown will also embroider the purple felt bags that they come in as well.  Ill ask FI to ask his rep and let you know!
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!  3 of our 5 groomsman love love love Jack and bottle of it are parts of their gifts.
  • I just asked FI, he said the rep is doing it for him, not the actual company.  He did say you can take the bottles to Things Remembered or a place like it and they can engrave them.

But the Crown Royal stuff is def on the site.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think FI said he's getting each of his guys a box of cigars.  I have no clue what to get my girls....I have to come up with something fast.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • very good ideas thanks everyone!
  • lisarose-i think the girls are so much easier, just get jewelry 
  • I just ordered a bunch on overstock which in my searches found is cheaper than amazon 
  • Most of our guys smoke, so we're getting all of them zippos. Not engraved with anything but their own initials.
  • H gave his best man (didn't have GMs) a gift card to Lowe's. He and his wife are remodeling their house and go there all the time, so we knew it would help them out more than any flask or pocket watch would do. And he loved it, used it the next day actually.
  • LoveBugBabyLoveBugBaby member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    FI didn't like the idea of most of those cheesy gifts too... he's already gotten a  couple flasks, mugs, and money clips with his initials from others weddings and had no desire to get his guys those things too. He found cool pub signs online that he could personalize for each guy.  He has 8 GM's so he got each guy a different one that goes along with their interests (hunting, poker, baseball, football, etc...).  They were $30 a piece, but worth it! We got 10% off our whole order too.

He didn't want anything that had our wedding date on it either, no one wants something engraved with our wedding date...
  • Nice pocket knives. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards