Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Oh dear GOD HELP!!

Ok so, I am not close to my father at all. he did not raise me. My mother married my now step father about 10 years ago and he's cool but I am not that close with my step father. My aunt helped raised me as her own child soooooooo....... I asked my aunt to walk me down the aisle because she shared in the raising of me. WELLLL my mother is LIVID and its her sister!!! She is still on my phone giving me more grief than I expected. UGH WHY COULDN'T WE JUST ELOPE!!!!

Re: Oh dear GOD HELP!!

• Options

Sorry you are having to deal with this... weddings tend to bring out the worst in people, don't they?  Is your mother livid b/c you are not asking your father or stepfather? Or do you think she is jealous that it wasn't her?  Ultimately, I think you just have to tell her the reasons behind your choice & ask her to support you.  She doesn't have to agree with you & really, it's not her choice, no matter how much you love her.  Maybe offer her to do a reading or something else special to placate her?

You have my sympathy!

• Options
    My wedding coordinator said that there have been women who have their sisters or friends walk them down the aisle.  Especially if they aren't close to their father/step-father or there is no father in the picture.  I know you don't want to hurt your mom's feelings, but it really is your day and if you are very close to your aunt, do not feel let your mom pressure you into doing it her way.
    February 2013 Brings with it Community and Zombies. Ha-zah!

TTC #1 Since Aug 2011 - Everyone Always Welcome
    Lupus/Mixed Connective Tissue Disease(2009); Hypothyroidism(2012); Endometriosis(2012)
    PCOS(2012); Low Progesterone + High Testosterone & DHEA(2012);
    HSG (Arcuate Uterus)/ SA (All Clear)
    August 2012 - 50mg Clomid - Appeared to be no response, but cycle ended naturally on CD44
    September 2012 - 5mg Femara - 32mm Follie (Right) + Ovidrel + TI = BFN

October 2012 - 5mg Femara - 14mm on CD12 turned to 23mm on CD14 + Ovidrel + TI =
    BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 EDD 7/25/2013 M/C 11/19/2012 @4w5d
    November 2012 - 5mg Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN
    December 2012 - Natural Cycle ending in
    BFP #2 - 2/4/2012 EDD 10/2013 DX Unviable/MMC 2/11/13 Provera Started
    Chartilicious

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards