Christian Weddings

Kate's dress

She looks so classy!  I wouldn't get such a dress for myself, but she looks beautiful.  

Re: Kate's dress

• edited December 2011
    I haven't seen it yet because I was unable to watch the broadcast this morning having to be at work so early (and leave while she was apparently walking down the aisle), so I'm staying off of TK today until i can see it in full tonight ....  but I can't WAIT to see it!!!!!  :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    It meets all the requirements for the Abbey:  no cleavage, back above the bra line, shoulders covered, arms covered to at least the elbow.  I like the lace sleeves, but it otherwise looked surprisingly plain.  And a little more a-line than I expected.  I was thinking she'd go trumpet or mermaid.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was honestly underwhelmed. I was expecting a lot more "wow" since it was a $400k+ dress. She looked beautiful, but I was expecting a lot more.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I loved the dress! I don't think it would look as great on me as it did Kate but everything that she was wearing fit her to a tee! She definately looked elegant and classy and it's a dress that I am sure she will look at 30 years from now and love.

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_kates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2c743bfc-a9c3-4639-b141-f92fa753fe3dPost:98f4dd3b-c989-4104-99b8-ed876b20020a">Re: Kate's dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was honestly underwhelmed. I was expecting a lot more "wow" since it was a $400k+ dress. She looked beautiful, but I was expecting a lot more.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]
    Me too. She looked gorgeous and the dress was pretty but I was expecting something more modern, more fitted..

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the dress.  I might have picked something like that if it had been in my price range and it had been shown to me (except that I wouldn't have wanted that long of a train).  I thought she looked so beautiful in it.
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_kates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2c743bfc-a9c3-4639-b141-f92fa753fe3dPost:98f4dd3b-c989-4104-99b8-ed876b20020a">Re: Kate's dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was honestly underwhelmed. I was expecting a lot more "wow" since it was a $400k+ dress. She looked beautiful, but I was expecting a lot more.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Really?!?!  $400k for that?  Then definitely not worth it.  I mean, it was pretty, but yeah, it lacked the wow factor.  I actually like Chelsea's dress better.  I even like my dress better.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I know I am the odd one out- I was the odd one out at work too... but I didn't like her dress. I know she had to have sleeves, so she couldn't help that, but I am just not a fan of lace. No offense to anyone who loves lace and has a lace gown- it is nice for others, it's just not me. 

That being said, I still think she looked beautiful and I really like her. Being in England today would have been awesome! Does anyone on this board live in the UK? 
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely ADORE her dress!  It would not look good on me ... I'm too busty, but a modified design of that would definitely appeal to my style!  My dress is lace over satin so obviously I LOVE lace.  :-)  I thought the lace wasn't totally overdone though, so it had a good broad appeal.  The skirt was AMAZING.  The pleats were JUST right!  They were saying that the lace was not a specific kind of lace, but that it was hand-made lace and there is no other lace like it in the world because of it being so custom.  I thought it was just beautiful, and it definitely gave a feeling of modernity in the lace because it was more of an "open" kind of pattern - more see-through than many more traditional laces.  

I only caught a glimpse of her shoes as she was getting out of the carriage and I did appreciate that she went with a color that matched her gown.  My shoes are a very light champagne color, so they match enough, plus I can wear them again.  I can't afford to buy shoes that I can't ever use again, LOL!  :-) 

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I thought it was pretty...but I wasn't wowed by it.  Honestly, it reminded me of my mother's wedding dress from the 80s, minus the shoulder pads.  I really expected her to go with something a little more modern.

I kinda feel bad for her though.  She HAD to dress that way because of who she was marrying and where she was marrying him.  I bet she would've chosen something different if she could have.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED it.

It was so expensive because everything was handmade - the lace, the veil. It's not like they ordered some nice fabric. It was literally started from nothing. And, let's face it, Sarah Burton designed it. That ain't cheap.

I also love that she wore a more modern/fun dress to her evening reception.
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would never have pictured Kate in a mermaid or a trumpet.  That isn't her style.  Her style is classic and elegant yet modern, but she's not some crazy trendy person and mermaid is a trend.  It's also not appropriate for the abbey or a royal wedding.  I think her dress suited her and the occasion perfectly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards