Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy Friday!

Good Morning! I am up early trying to write a few things for work. My goal is to write 2 blog entries and a one-pager in an hour 1/2 so I can get my nails done after a morning meeting. I need to get crackin'!

I'm excited to go to Pittsburgh and will report back on my checks!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! Talk to you guys on Tuesday!
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: Happy Friday!

• edited December 2011

Morning everyone!

Happy Friday. Tomorrow is the day my parents meet my future in-laws. The inlaws are going up to Pgh for the night and training camp on Sunday. My MOH and her boyfriend are also coming so between me, FI, MOH, and her boyfriend, we've got a lot of buffers. Not that I think it's going to be bad but they are really different... and they're staying the night at my parents so it's making me feel a little uneasy.

J- Good luck and I hope you get a lot checked!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I am off work today to take my "little" to Kennywood. We are leaving around 10. Tomorrow is my bachelorette party and Sunday I am planning on recovering. Monday I also took the day off to go pick out my wedding band and get DF's sized (he is using his father's wedding band who passed away when he was a toddler)

Jamie- I am supposed to write blogs for work and I have the hardest time getting motivated to do so!
    Mckenzie- That sounds exciting! I am sure it will go well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    GM!  I dropped the invites off at the post office first thing this morning!  YAY!  I'm leaving for Ohio after work to visit my family/have a bridal shower. It will be a really quick trip, but I'm looking forward to spending time with most of my family!

JL-Enjoy your trip to PGH!  GL with your "to-do" list!
    MM- I'm sure the parents meeting will go smoothly! 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday Ladies!! I'm the only one in my department here today so I'm hoping to just lay low for most of the day and leave work early! Brooks and Dunn concert tonight and I'm really excited! Not looking forward to the traffic to get out there but we're meeting up with some friends we haven't seen all summer so I'm expecting a great time! This literally is the only weekend this summer that we dont have anything planned (besides the concert)! I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending some QT with DF!

JL - Have fun in the burgh this weekend! Hope you get everything you want accomplished!!

MM - Goodluck with the meeting of the parents. I remember how stressed and nervous i was for my FILs and my parents to meet. They are very different too and it went waay better than i could have imagined. definitely sending some good luck vibes your way!

ross - what a fun weekend for you! What do you ladies have planned for your bachelorette party? Have a blast at kennywood! i really want to get there this summer to ride the new coaster!

duq - Have fun in Ohio with your fam and your shower! Sounds like another fab weekend!

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning. So glad its friday! My head is starting to feel better, I hope the headache is completely gone by tomorrow. Nothing much planned for this weekend, maybe go dress shopping but im not sure about that yet. We need to decide on a church, but DF isnt sure where he wants it at.

Jamie - good luck with all your planning here in Pittsburgh. I love Joanna (if we could afford her, we would have went wtih her) SHe did FI's brothers wedding. She's great.

mm -  good luck with the parents, i hope they get along!

ros - have a great time at Kennywood. Good luck with choosing a band.

duq - Yay for your invites going out. Have a great shower!

db - have fun at the concert. I know what you mean about having a free weekend, i dont think we will have one until October.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Good Morning, and TGIF! Surprisingly, this week went pretty quickly for me (thought it would drag since I came back from vacation). I enjoyed my kickboxing class last night, since I missed it last week. Tonight DH is going to play cards, so I have a night to myself. I'm going to make a pasta dish he doesn't like, then prob. read, veg in front of the TV, and/or order prints off of Shutterfly (still trying to make wedding albums for the parents!). Nothing else really planned. Maybe we'll go to the pool, if DH's peeling is gone. I am looking forward to the cooler weather- only 81 on Sunday! It was also cooler this morning- nice and refreshing.

Jl- Have a wonderful, productive trip to Pgh!

m- GL with the meeting of parents- I'm sure it will go well. My parents and ILs have quite different lifestyles, but get along just fine.

Trisha- Have fun at Kennywood today, and at your bach. party tom.!! What are you doing for it?
    Meg- Yay for getting the invitations out! Have a wonderful time at your shower!!

Danielle- Have a great time at the concert! I may be thinking of another group, but is this their last tour together? I thought they were retiring or something...

Laina- Glad you're feeling better! GL dress shopping (if you go) and narrowing down churches.

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday everyone!

I made it to DC after a bunch of delays at Reagan.  FI has today off so we are just going to hang out poolside for a lot of the day.  I'm also going to a housewarming for my MOH tonight!

Jamie- Have a great time in Pittsburgh!  Cant wait to hear about your checks.
    mm- good luck with the meeting!
    ros- Have a great bachelorette!
    duq- congrats on the invites being sent!  And have a great bridal shower.
    db- enjoy the concert
    lsee- Glad you feel better!
    Kim- Enjoy your relaxing weekend.

• Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning (well, almost afternoon now).  I'm wrapping some things up at work, then going up to Butler to see my grandparents, who are driving up from Virginia for no real reason-- apparently it was a spur of the moment decision, but I'm kind of weirded out because they haven't been up since my dad's bypass surgery about 3 years ago.  FI's out of town until the 14th playing Army, so I have the house to myself and am not quite sure what to do.

WR, I'm going to try on dresses on Sunday for the first time and having anxiety over it, instead of being excited, which is very odd for me.  Hopefully once I get there, I'll get excited, but as of right now, I'm just freaked out.  Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Marci- enjoy your time in DC! I've looked into flying out of Reagan, but it's so ridiculously expensive (at least it was when I needed a last minute flight).

Ash- Hope you get more excited than nervous for the dress shopping! Be sure to take pictures! Enjoy the time with your grandparents too.
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011

Good Afternoon!

I haven't been on here all day because its been another crazy busy day. Had meetings off site all morning then lunch with some co-workers THEEENNNN FI picked me up and we went downtown to apply for our marriage license! Yay! We also stopped by AAA and opened an account together as well as got our international driver's licenses for the honeymoon. Probably just hanging in tonight. I work all day tomorrow then possibly Kennywood for a little bit, then Sunday is FI's dads bday party.

Jamie-Hope you have a great trip to PGH!

MM- good luck with the meeting of the parents! You'll have to tell us how it went.

Trish-I LOVE Kennywood! Have fun!

Duq-YAY for invites!! Mine went out last week and I LOVE getting the RSVPs!

db-hope you got out early today!

lsee-glad you are feeling better!

Kim-enjoy a relaxing night in!

Ash-I'm sure you'll love trying on dresses. Have fun! Where are you going?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards