Plus-Sized
Options

Help with Shower outfit

Hi Ladies,

I have two showers coming up (May and June) and I am starting to look for something to wear.  There are very few plus-sized stores in my area, so I am looking to order something online.  Does anyone have some website suggestions?  I am looking for something classic, but a little modern.  I fell in love with a dress at Jacob and Banana republic, but of course they don't carry my size.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help with Shower outfit

• Options
    www.maurices.com <<<<<----------------- LOVE THEM - they have sales all the time you might want to sign up for the emails if you want coupons - you will find everything from casual to evening - I have said it before but i think i own half the store - and i get complements all the time  Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I just bought a couple really cute dresses at Torrid last weekend.  My shower and rehersal dinner arent for a few months, but the dresses were perfect and great prices.  one of them were actually 30% off, and ended up being like $23 bucks. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I will check out those sites.  I have had a hard time finding something that looks classic and structured.  It seems designers assume that if you are a plus-sized girl you want everything to be flowy.  I have no problem paying for well-made clothes, but it feels like everything for plus-sized women is jumbo prints and stretch material.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    to SweetRedHead - OMG too Funny! good thing we are in different states! I actually fell lucky i have a retail location so close to me !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    www.onestopplus.com

All of those sites have lovely plus sized clothing, very couture, and you should easily be able to find something u like! HTH

• Options
    I'm another Maurices lover - wanted to add also:  Dress Barn is owned by the same company as Maurices, but has a bit of an older vibe to it (Justice, actually, is the third in the little trifecta, so they cover girls of all ages).  Depending on your style you might find their stuff more appealing.  While I love Maurices tops I usually end up liking the dresses and pants at Dress Barn better.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Yesterday I found your post and was looking on the sites for a shower outfit for me. Turns out I didn't have enough time. My fiance convinced me my shower wasn't until later in the month but it was actually today! Everyone did a great job and it turned out I didn't need to have a "special outfit". When I first got there, I was a little upset I didn't have a cuter outfit on, but I got over it!

Good luck in your search :)
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Torrid! The sizes are 0 (XL), 1 (1x), 2 (2x), 3 (3x) and 4 (4x) and are true to size! Never had a problem from them before! Love their edgy,alternative styles too!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think I'm wearing a dress to the shower. I've got a 'Future Mrs Mckibben' top that I'm wearing and dolling it up a bit..but that's all! But I am looking at Torrid for a dress for my Rehearsal dinner..Deb has nice plus size dresses too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies after reading this post I am not obsessed with Maurices!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
    60 Yes image
    16 No image
    93 Have me praying for the mailman! image
  • Options
    I know I'm a little late to the party and a lot of my favorite stores have been put out there already. I'd like to add http://www.lightinthebox.com and http://www.swakdesigns.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards