October 2012 Weddings
Options

QOTD 2/28

Since we talked a little about drinks yesterday...

What is your favorite drink both alcoholic and non?  Also if you plain on having a signature drink at your wedding what is it?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 2/28

• Options
    Belinis! Especially from Moxies or Milestones. If I was going to have a signature drink, it would be that.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I'm a big Wino!  Love moscotos... and a lot of local wines.  Prefer sweeter wines then dry.

We will be having wine and beer and unsure about the full bar or just a variety of the common alchols... or signiture drink which will probably be rum based for my sister.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    I tend to go through phases with alcohol, but lately my thing has been local (upstate NY, mainly Finger Lakes region) wine. Sweet reds and Reislings are my favorite. Yum-o. Favorite non-alcoholic drink is iced tea. There will definitely be a signature drink at the wedding! FI wanted an ice luge so we got one included in our package. Don't know yet what exactly we'll be pouring through it, but whatever that turns out to be will be christened with a nerdy name and made our signature drink!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    I love love love iced tea and lemonade mixed together (I think it's called an Arnold Palmer or something).  For alcoholic, I don't drink a whole lot, but for wine I like a crisp Pinot Grigio or a sweet Muscato.  For mixed drinks, I really like Mexican Martinis and for beer, I usually go for Bud Light Lime or Dos XX.  Woodchuck Apple Cider is good too but way high on calories so I don't drink it often.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    For a night out I'm usually a beer (Smithwicks or some type of porter) or vanilla vodka and coke. Any other time it's usually some type of sweet wine or fruity frozen drink.

As far as a sig drink I haven't started planning any of that yet. FI's parents are covering the bar so we'll probably discuss it with them when they're in this weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We won't be having a signiture drink at our wedding, or any alcohol actually. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to alcohol... I just turned 21 and I hadn't really drank prior to that. Once on vacation with my family last year and some wine coolers when I visited my brother in California when I was 19.

That being said... I do like southern comfort mixed with sierra mist, lol. And I am also a big fan of wine and am really looking forward to getting introduced to a lot more. I feel really silly and young writing this, lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We don't drink, and not a lot of people in our families drink, and there will be lots of kids present, so we're having a dry wedding. But we're making it fun with sparkling ciders and non-alcoholic wines from the area, chai tea, hot chocolate, and coffee, with some fun glass-bottled sodas too. My favorite is chai--there's nothing better for feeling cozy and warm and happy :) My FI is all about root beer. Our signature "drink" will be a sparkling cider in a cinnamon sugar-rimmed martini glass w/ a cinnamon stick. Really playing up the fall aspect.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Well my absolute favorite drink used to be an extra dirty martini.  I used to come home from work just about everyday and have one or two.  Then I got a divorce and couldn't tell you the last time I had one.

Now I have a glass of wine every now and again.  FI and I love sweet wines like Muscatos.  We also found this (clicky) wine that is awesome and only about $10!!  Otherwise I drink water, coffee and tea.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm not a big drinker but if I do drink I make a really good sangria or I like sweet wines like Riesling.

I know we can do a signature drink, but i dont know what it will be yet. If i could replicate the welcome drink from the resort in D.R. i would totally do that=)
  • Options
    I'm not a big drinker anymore, ever since a bad experience with Vanilla Vodka. But if I do drink its Coconut Rum in Dr. Pepper. My FI thinks it gross, but I love how sweet it is. Oooh, and I LOVE Sangria!

IBC Rootbeer is my non-alcoholic drink of choice. We are actually using the bottles as part of our centerpieces, so I've had an excuse to buy a 6-pack whenever I go grocery shopping. :)

FI and I recently decided that we would be having alcohol at our wedding and we will be having a signature drink. I'm trying to include Super Mario Bros into a few things, so I found this really good Princess Peach Sangria. 
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • Options
    Favorite alcoholic drink is either crown royal and diet sprite or margaritas.

Non-alcoholic drinks... well I really only drink water.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a pretty diverse drinker. Fi makes beer so I usually drink that (currently we have cider, maibock, and stout on tap). I like dark malty beer, like guiness. Otherwise, I drink red wine (purple teeth and all) or bacardi and diet coke. Every Thursday, my friend and I do a champagne night.

As for non-alcoholic, I drink diet coke, coffee, water, and tea.

At the wedding, we'll be supplying beer and soda.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Miller Lite, margaritas, and rieslings. We are planning on doing a signature drink at the wedding with apple cider and rum (we haven't found our exact recipe yet).

Otherwise, I drink a lot of tea and lemonade (used to be a soda addict but gave it up completely years ago).
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Non-alcoholic:  Iced Tea

Alcoholic:  Cosomopolitans, white wine (reisling, or savignon blac)

At the wedding we won't be having a signature cocktail (that's only included in the most expensive package our venue offers, we have the middle package), but full open bar the whole night, bottles of wine on the tables at dinner, and after dinner liquors on the dessert station.  Plenty of alcohol to go around : )

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-228?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:f3425e7f-195d-4eba-bc0c-47d82404dd23Post:00d95289-c5d0-4ba1-9478-0d2ea411376b">Re: QOTD 2/28</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Miller Lite, margaritas, and rieslings. We are planning on doing a signature drink at the wedding with apple cider and rum (we haven't found our exact recipe yet). Otherwise, I drink a lot of tea and lemonade (used to be a soda addict but gave it up completely years ago).
    Posted by ktelizabeth86[/QUOTE]

Apple cider idea that my friend does: Apple juice, mulling spices, and Bacardi Big Apple Rum. Delicious and not too alcohol tasting.
  • Options
    Non Alcoholic- Diet Coke. I swear between myself, my mom, and my sisters we could go through 20 cans a day. It's bad haha

Alcoholic- Love any kind of Pinot Grigio and I'm big on beer (Bud Light and Michelob Ultra) but I also go through mixed drink phases- Vodka and O.J. was a huge one for awhile but now I LOVEE Cherry Vodka with Sprite-- OMG that stuff is delicous but dangerous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-228?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:f3425e7f-195d-4eba-bc0c-47d82404dd23Post:f590bfb7-4bd2-4598-8a14-616d6003a9bf">Re: QOTD 2/28</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 2/28 : Apple cider idea that my friend does: Apple juice, mulling spices, and Bacardi Big Apple Rum. Delicious and not too alcohol tasting.
    Posted by aimee58[/QUOTE]

Thanks! One night FI and I are going to have to taste test. Lol.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nonalcoholic, seltzer water or coffee.

Alcoholic, white wine (pinot grigio) or beer (especially wheat beers), but I also really like champagne. When I'm getting a cocktail, I like a kir royale, or an Amaretto sour.

We're doing a signature cocktail, it'll be apple cider with a bit of bourbon added to it. We tried them out at home and LOVED it, so I'm excited for that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I dont drink so can't say I have a favourite alcholic drink. Non-alcoholic is a tie between hot chocolate and chocolate milk (which is ironic because I really dont like regular chocolate).

We're not having a signature drink, just beer, wine and bar rail.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    My favorite non alcoholic drink is ginger ale, a brand of iced tea that I cannot think of right now and coffee.

For alcoholic I like coconut rum and diet pepsi, and medori sours.  I do like beer but haven't had it in a while.  FI does not like beer at all.

We will only be having wine and beer at the wedding so no signature cocktail.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Favorite drinks? Spirit: Toss up between a dirty martini and a Manhattan. Wine: A good pinot noir, preferably not out of California. Beer: In the summer, I love a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. In the colder months, nothing beats a Founder's Breakfast Stout.

I'd love to do a signature drink, but my mother is up in arms about it. She's footing the bill and feels there should be a full bar. I'm not going to argue with Momma! If we were to do one, it would be The Red Headed Stranger, care of a friend of ours who is a bartender. It is: bourbon, a splash of soda water and chili-rubbed brown sugar. Spicy, sweet and packs a punch.  So yummy!

For the 98% of the time that I'm not having a cocktail, I stick with water or unsweetened iced tea.
  • Options
    My favorite drink non-alcoholic is Iced tea 
    and I am hoping my signature drink will be chocolate martinis! I went to a Bridal show at my venue and they had samples there that were so good! Also we are having a fall themed wedding with pink and brown as our colors so it will go perfect with that theme!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
    60 Yes image
    16 No image
    93 Have me praying for the mailman! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards