Wedding Party

Wedding Party Gift Emergency!!! Help!

So my wedding is in 19 days and due to my fiancee not making the favors we wanted to make, we have nothing at the moment to give our wedding partys! 
Please help! What is a good wedding party gift that works for both genders, affordable, and can get in this short amount of timeYell

Re: Wedding Party Gift Emergency!!! Help!

• Shop for them individually.  There is no good all-purpose present.  Figure out a budget for each person/overall and shop like it's Christmas or their birthdays. 

• Gift cards and a heartfelt handwritten message in a card. Get them one each tailored to their favorite place, restaurant, or store. If they are all the same, then it looks like you put very little thought or effort into thanking them for their time and for being your friend.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-gift-emergency-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:415dd2d9-2e4c-406f-8832-f1a0bcdcfa8ePost:04b8d4ac-a0d5-42ec-b8c8-002078db1283">Re: Wedding Party Gift Emergency!!! Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Gift cards and a heartfelt handwritten message in a card. Get them one each tailored to their favorite place, restaurant, or store. If they are all the same, then it looks like you put very little thought or effort into thanking them for their time and for being your friend.</strong>
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This. Your situation is not an emergency, so just take a step back and tailor their gifts to each person. This makes the gift more hearfelt than something matchy matchy and useless to them after the wedding. </div>
  • Agree with the others.  No one really likes that matchy matchy stuff for gifts anyway.  Shop like it is their bday or Christmas and you will be fine.
  • Maybe I'm in the minority...but I don't expect/want a gift when I'm in a wedding party. Sometimes saying "thank you" is enough. My circle of friends is not the gift-giving type for any occasion though, so you have to know your crowd.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm getting each girl a custom clutch that reflects their personality and style - it is not to be used for the wedding.  I'm going to include a heart-felt thank you and possibly something else NWR, but I haven't thought of that yet.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tons of cute unique gift ideas! check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstonecreation. it is such a cute shop with tons of handstamped jewelry, bottle openers, military related jewelry, keychains, cufflinks, etc... Makes great wedding gifts for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I really like the key chain bottle openers that say "eat, drink, and get married!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards