Attire & Accessories Forum

Sorry to be an Aw but...

So I have a cheapy phone pic of me in the dress.I was wondering if you think I should an an Ivory sating sash to it,as well as what alterations you think I would need.Oh and for people who bought samples did you have the dress cleaned or not?

image 76 Invited
image 51 Ready to Party
image 13 missing out
image 12 need to hurry up!
RSVP Date:November 1
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Planning Bio

Re: Sorry to be an Aw but...

• Looks beautiful! Not sure what kind of sash you're thinking of? But as for alterations you're definitely going to need it hemmed :) Another suggestion you can talk to your seamstress about, because I have a similar styled dress and it seemed to be fitting me the same as you, is taking it in a little under your hips to accentuate the mermaid shape of it. I found myself thinking that mine looked like it was just hanging there and didn't have any shape once they hemmed it, and that fixed it right up! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not so sure about the sash thing. Can you elaborate a bit more?

I love your dress and like pp said, it is going to need altered. As far as the cleaning goes, if it is not really noticeably dirty, then I would say you could get by without having it cleaned. But my guess is that it is going to need cleaned if it was a sample gown. When you take it to the cleaners, ask them to steam it/press it as well to get all the wrinkles out. But you won't need that done until a week or so before your wedding as to not risk it getting wrinkled all over again.
  • edited July 2010
    Ok the whole sash thing,is that in the stock photo of the dress they have a sash you can purchase seperately.I'm just not sure about it,here is a photo.
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • hmm...that pic is a little hard to see bc of the side shot, but I think the dress looks just fine without the sash IMO
  • I actually found a better photo with the sash,I don't think it's a great pic of the dress on this girl but it works.
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • Gosh, I dunno. That pic is definitely better. I guess it depends on what other accessories you plan on doing.

I do think the sash does help define the waistline bc it looks like you are fairly small just like I am. I had a bow & brooch right under the bust of my dress. Can't see if from the siggy photo, but if you look in my married bio I think you can see it.
  • I do have a fairly small waist (thanks for noticing lol). I'm just not sure if it would be to fussy or not.Oh and I love your dress bu the way :)
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • gorgeous dress, and seeing pics of it with the sash I really like it alot, i'd go for it
  • I actually just purchased and Ivory Satin Sash from Etsy for $10 to see how I like it.It's a beautiful sash,so I might not even have to get the one from the bridal shop which is $150.
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • I like it better without the sash.

I would check over the dress carefully for stains and decide whether it needs to be cleaned. Keep in mind that some stains can develop over time and get darker (like sweat, for example), but also keep in mind that wedding gown cleaning is pretty expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards