Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Show me your Honeymoons!

Hi guys!

Thought I would find out where you went / are going for your Honeymoon!  We are not doing ours directly after the wedding, but rather, waiting until December, so I have oodles of time to plan.  But since its kinda slow, thought I'd try to drum up some action!  :)

We are thinking about Tahiti as it is a direct flight from LA - or maybe a cruise.  I have never been on a cruise before, and it is a "think-less" type of vacation.  FI lived in UK for a bit, so we have done a bunch of European cities, so were thinking more along the lines of relaxing beach-y.

Re: Show me your Honeymoons!

• edited December 2011
    We went to Couples San Souchi in Ocho Rios Jamaica :-D

here's the shorter of our 2 honeymoon albums
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2349173&id=5503881&l=8bad13198a
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just got off the phone with our travel agent - we're booking 6 nights at Sandals Royal Bahamian! It is completely all-inclusive and sounds absolutely wonderful. Our TA is making the entire process very easy and they have some great specials - 60% off rooms and companion airfare, but it expires soon.

• kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Costa Rica for 13 days.  We are traveling to three different parts:  arenal (volcano), monteverde (rainforest) and guanacaste (beach area where we will stay in an all-inclusive).  I am super excited and one of my friends went to Costa Rica on their honeymoon (some different locations) and loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to Oahu for 4 days and staying at the Outrigger Wikiki (recommended by my aunt and uncle).
    Then we are going to Maui for 6 nights, staying at the Aston Kanaapali Shores!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun!  We are also waiting until December/January to go on ours since I'll be moving two weeks after the wedding... no time!  We are doing a mini-moon at Nemacolin right after the wedding, though.

We are spending two weeks in Nepal and India.  We'll fly to Kathmandu, stay there for two days, then fly to Pokhara for several days to do part of the Annapurna trek in the Himalayas.  Then we'll go to Goa in India for a couple of days on the beach, and finish up with some time in Mumbai.  I can't wait!!!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    We went to The Big Island of Hawaii...LOOOOVED it!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're waiting three weeks after the wedding to go on ours.

We're going to be going to Belgium first (Brussels, Bruges and then a couple of towns I've picked out in the countryside) and then on to Paris. I've been to Paris multiple times but always solo so looking forward to experiencing it with the soon to be hubbie. Neither of has been to Belgium so really looking forward to that. I am a major chocolate aficionada and cannot wait to sample everything! FI is more the beer connoisseur though :)

Can't wait for September (and the wedding too!)
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
    edited December 2011
    Kime-So cool that you're going to CR on your hm. I studied there for the semester and absolutely loved it! It's such an awesome and gorgeous country. I thought the people as a whole were incredibly nice and kind. And if you know any Spanish, compared to some of the other Spanish speaking countries, I thought it was incredibly clean and easy to understand! Unlike the DR...:)

Arenal was perhaps my favorite spot of all the places I visited. When are you guys going?

Maui, November 2011
  • gatorsjenngatorsjenn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia for 6 nights!  Can't wait!
  • kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    phillychica - we are going July 5-18th so hoping to not get rained on too much.  I am super excited to go and have heard nothing but good things from other people who have been!  I wanted to do something other than just the all inclusive b/c I want to experience more of the actual culture and "real" country.  Why was Arenal your favorite?  What did you do there?
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked a week in P*nta Cana in the DR at the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar - adults only AI resort.  CAN. NOT. WAIT!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late here, but DH and I went on a 6 day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas- our ports of call were Nassau and Freeport. Nassau was nice, but Freeport was more industrialized (no experience with things to do there though, since I was sick that day and had to stay on the ship). It was the first time we went on a cruise- the ship was gorgeous, staff was very nice and hospitable, and there was plenty to do, but it's nice that you can just relax too. The weather was not so great for us, and I caught a stomach bug, so we didn't have the best experience, but those are things you just can't control. We still had fun overall, and know that our next cruise pretty much has to be better, lol.

If you're looking for relaxation and a worry-free HM, cruises are great. Just be prepared for all of the extras you may want to spend $ on, such as alcohol, gambling, etc. DH doesn't drink, and I was sick some of the time, so we really didn't spend much extra. I highly recommend Carnival. You can always check out http://www.cruisecritic.com/  for reviews and info on cruise lines and cruising in general. HTH!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also very late on this one but thought I'd join! We are most likely going to Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea :) We were thinking of breaking up the trip w/ a couple day stop in Napa then a direct flight from LA to Tahiti!! Since it's so far, we'll most likely stay for 2 weeks (well 2-3 days in Napa and 11 or 12 days in Tahiti?) I'm super excited about this option!

The plans arent difinitive and we are also kicking around a few other ideas like S. Africa, Bali (or somewhere else in S.E Asia), or a Europe/Egypt combo - Right now, however, we're leaning toward Tahiti... We're going right after our wedding so the HM will be the first few weeks in June 2011 :)
  • spm88spmspm88spm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

LFR - your honeymoon sounds fantastic - I'm fascinated by Nepal.  My old boss went there and loved it.

Phillychica - Bruges is one of the most beautiful towns I've ever visited.  We went to a place for hot chocolate where they bring you a pitcher of hot milk and chocolate bars to melt into it to make it yourself - YUM!   The mussels and fries (frites) are outstanding, too.

We are going to Crete for a week, here is our hotel:  www.bluepalace.gr

Then we are spending a few days in Athens before flying home.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_show-honeymoons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:3fab5f98-43f2-4729-a072-b6e5ee2ea888Post:761cc7bd-c386-431e-83d9-4ab87d0e1425">Re: Show me your Honeymoons!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Phillychica - Bruges is one of the most beautiful towns I've ever visited.  We went to a place for hot chocolate where they bring you a pitcher of hot milk and chocolate bars to melt into it to make it yourself - YUM!   The mussels and fries (frites) are outstanding, too.   We are going to Crete for a week, here is our hotel:  <a href="http://www.bluepalace.gr" rel="nofollow">www.bluepalace.gr</a> Then we are spending a few days in Athens before flying home.
    Posted by spm88spm[/QUOTE]

Probably looking forward the most to Bruges. I've always heard such great things about it. That place you went for hot chocolate sounds amazing! I love drinking hot chocolate 365, even when it's beyond hot & humid lol. Your HM sounds to die for. I've never been to the Greek isles but they look so stunning. Def. a place I want to go to in the future!

Maui, November 2011
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    I havent been on in a few days but wanted to add as well! We are going to Greece for 10 days and I can't wait! We wanted to go somewhere that had a beech and no where that either of us has been before so we came up with Greece. Our hotel is about a half hour from Athens so there should be tons of cool sight seeing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards