Wedding Woes
Options

He got a call back!

The interview ended at 5:30.  They had called by 10 for the next round!

What neighborhood AF?  If nothing else I like to look at houses.

Re: He got a call back!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOOHOO!  When's the next interview?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stupid DH's stupid cell phone has a stupid dead battery.  I have no clue when it is.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Stupid DH, indeed!  Doesn't he know that WE need to know??

Woot!

I look for jobs for H online all the time.  I usually check out real estate and find a house I like before I even pass the listing on to him.  I don't know how you haven't looked yet.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Houses are the first thing I look at when we talk jobs for H.

Yay for interviews. Let us know when it is so we have time to do our purple laundry.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    One reason I haven't looked at houses yet is because it's not an entirely new city.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Well, assuming schools are important to you, my mom's neighborhood in Gahanna has an amazing elementary school - and it seems that you can get a lot of house for your money.
    We love our neighborhood (north edge of New Albany) but we are in the C-bus school district.   If you live in New Albany proper, you'll pay a pretty penny and get a great school system in exchange.
    And I grew up in Clintonville which I love, love, LOVE.   C-bus schools - but as you know there are some great parochial schools there.   If I knew we could afford private schooling for DD I would move back to Clintonville in a heartbeat.   AND they have a Target!!!!
    As it is, we're going to stay where we are for at least 2 more years, and then we plan to look for a place in Westerville.  Another great school system, close to Easton AND Polaris - multiple Targets to choose from... 
    But
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Gahanna and Westerville were on my list.  I love Upper Arlington too, but that may be too rich for our blood.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOO HOO!!
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    How could I forget UA!   Yeah, most of the houses there are overpriced, but you may be able to find something.  And you'd have your choice of two Targets nearby.
    Really, you can't go wrong with anything north of 70 on the west side / outside of the outerbelt, north of Broad on the east side / north of North Broadway off of High.   But I'm a north sider so I'm a little prejudiced.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011

The only plus of south side is proximity to my parents.  The west side is closer to DH's family and east is Newark.  So.....

I'm so far ahead of myself.

• Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_got-call-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:aed76afb-7560-49da-8462-e300f8bfb2cePost:cfe061be-f86a-462e-b7ca-2ee1df1f816e">Re: He got a call back!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only plus of south side is proximity to my parents.  The west side is closer to DH's family and east is Newark.  So..... I'm so far ahead of myself.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

I will say that the back way between where I live and where your parents are is really quick.  Much better then taking 33.  And Newark is so easy, too.

Yes, you're way far ahead of yourself but it's fun to dream.  :)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't mind living in their area either. 
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    I think the commute would get old really quick for your DH.   Maybe it would be worth it to have family so close by.   I know that I appreciate how close by my family is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards