• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Husband Funny (Book Related)

DH and I received a joint $50 giftcard to Barnes and Noble and he's been trying to find somethings to buy for himself with it.  Well he came across some videogame guide thing for about $18 and he was really struggling to find something for around $7 to get to $25 so he could get free shipping.

So yesterday, he tells me he finally found a book he might be interested in.  He couldn't remember the name "D-something" but it was similar to Hunger Games and then told me I could borrow it after him since I would probably like it too.  I gave him my most dumbfounded look and asked, "Do you mean Divergent?"  "Oh, you've heard of it?"

I went on to explain that not only have I heard of Divergent but I've read and own #1 and #2, have read them both twice and am anxiously awaiting the third installment.  I started talking a mile a minute finally able to discuss a BOOK with him and his annoyingly sarcastic response was, "Does this mean I have to read the second one too?  If so, maybe I won't get it."

Hmph.  Baby Steps.
May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Husband Funny (Book Related)

• HAHAHAHA!!! Silly husband!!
    I love how he said maybe he won't get it since there are two!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • This isn't really a funny, but it's DH&book related.

Last week DH went out shopping, and when I got home from work that day he said he bought me something. He was really excited, so I couldn't wait to see what it was. He bought me a book. He never buys me books, so I was really surprised. The only bad thing - I'm not sure it's going to be a very good book. It sounds sort of interesting, but it's not something I would normally pick. He was so excited, though, I couldn't be anything else but happy. It was so cute.
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Ha.  That's a funny story.

My husband reads everything I bring home and I read most things he brings home.  We share.  But, we're usually a few weeks apart in books so we often don't discuss them.  Boo.

Jlq - maybe it's something interesting!  You never know!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_husband-funny-book-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:b0a69826-dbf0-4aac-a46a-69f5a03dda2bPost:a077a1ee-22ea-4399-88ed-f12d8b6f068f">Re: Husband Funny (Book Related)</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHAHA!!! Silly husband!! <strong>I love how he said maybe he won't get it since there are two!</strong>
    Posted by jlq2005[/QUOTE]
    This comment was directed at the fact that I hounded him for MONTHS to finally finish the second and third <em>Hunger Games</em> installments.  He really liked the series but he just didn't care enough to finish it which obviously I do not understand AT ALL.  But whatever.

That is really sweet he bought you a book.  Hopefully it turns out better than expected :)

Joy - I would love it if DH read more books and we could share them!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Haha that is too funny! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • My DH doesn't read. Like at all. So we never discuss books, and he does not understand why I love them so much.  I'd love to have him read anything and I would read it too, just to be able to talk books with him! 
    my read shelf:
  • HAHA that is funny E! My H doesn't read at all. He has two magazines that come to the house. I think he reads the one like half the time. Other than that he says he reads all he needs to at work.

JLQ: What is the title of the book? Maybe you will love it!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards