Honeymoon Discussions

Where would you stay in St. Lucia (Sandals)?

Ok, so I'm hoping that everyone who has been to St. Lucia still checks in here everyonce in awhile.  For those of you that have been there, which would you rather do?  With our budget, we could get a very nice room at the Halcyon, or we could get the standard Grande room, or a slightly upgraded room at the Regancy. 

Re: Where would you stay in St. Lucia (Sandals)?

• tough to vote, if its in your budget, i would definitely not do a standard room.  but if it means you could do more "stuff," i might not go all out.  what is the main advantages of going for the top room?

btw, love your picture at UD!  i graduated from there in 2000!

Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • We would be able to do more things if we stayed at a cheaper room.  The advantage of getting a better room, would be mainly a fully stocked fridge in the room, a bigger room in general, and being able to look out and see the ocean from our room. 

Thanks! My FI graduated in 2007, and I graduated in 2008. 
  • I am going to Sandals St. Lucia as well and I think we are going to do the Regency.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Leslie - what made you pick the regency over the other two?
  • I stayed at the Grande...we wanted the best beach possible and didn't really care about the room.  Having said that...I did not like Halcyon at all and we went there for dinner to the seafood place.  Regency we did the Hibachi place.   I did get a room upgrade in the end anyway because our travel agent rocks!  If you want other tips, just Private message me or email me and I will send you my check of list!
    karagal28@yahoo.com
  • karagal - i sent you an email! Thanks!

• Sorry this is not really Sandals related, but I also graduated UD in 2000 and I too love your picture!
  • We stayed at the Regency up in the cliffs with our own private pool and Butler and loved it. We received a great upgrade from our TA Nancy from myislandgetaways.com so that helped quite a bit but the room we had was outrageosly gorgeous and we saw sunsets every night from our balcony. We decided to splurge being that it was our HM otherwsie we probably would not have splurged as much.

We just really enjoyed having the 24 hour room service and the luxury of having our own private pool. We did go to the other two but just really liked the overall setting and views from our room. The entire island is so lush and tropical you will love it!
  • Stephanie - all love for UD is accepted as well  :)
  • I am thinking of doing St.Lucia Grande...it seems to be the better of the three comparing all the thousands of reviews I have read online :).
  • MedTecMedTec member
    First Comment
    We stayed at the Grande and loved it. We first booked the penthouse room and got upgraded to the prime minister suite and it was awesome. We booked with Nancy from www.myislandgetaways.com she told us it was the best beach and she was totally right, it was much calmer waters than the larger Sandalls and we loved the feel of a newer resort.
  • That's what we have found as well.  so I think that is where we are going to stay!  I'm so excited about our honeymoon.
  • we stayed at the grande and did one of the more standard rooms (i think we paid extra for oceanfront or something).  we paid extra for penthouse/butlet in antigua and while the rooms was amazing, i dont think i would do it again.  drinks are free all over resort so having free drinks in room wasnt as special as we thought it would be. plus you can always go to local store and get a few bottles to keep in your room. 

i say plan to afford to do more activies vs bigger room - horseback riding, ziplining, island tour, spa, golf - we did it all!  PM me if you want me to shre my trip report and pictures from another travel site.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are splitting our time between staying at the Regency and the Grande.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • splitting the time is a great idea.  We thought of that too.  Kara, thanks for the email back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards