July 2013 Weddings

Thoughts on Third Meal Option?

So I grew up on the East Coast where three meal options seemed to be the standard. In CA most of the vendors we talked to made it seem like most people out here only give one option. I couldn't do that so we paid extra per plate to be able to have a second option available to our guests. We are having a vegetarian wedding so the options are gnocchi and eggplant rollatini. My mom was thinking we may want to add a third option but doing that adds about $7 per person because they now need to prep and have available that meal as well. This fee is charged even though we will let them know who is eating what ahead of time. My mom said she would cover the extra charge but I don't want my parents to be throwing away their money because that is what this seems like to me. We have an AMAZING caterer and I know everyone will be happy with what they get. I could understand having a third option more if we had two meat options but we have one vegan option and one vegetarian option and the vegan option is also gulten free. So to me, my FI and my sister the two options is enough. Thoughts on having a third option? Thoughts on what third vegetarian option you would want to see?

Also- I get most people aren't vegan or vegetarian but I don't want to debate the non-meat part of this :)

Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thoughts on Third Meal Option?

• For veg I think 2 is plenty. Are you also having vegetarian hors 'dourves?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think two is plenty. We're having a buffet and will only have two main course options with the same veggie and startch options for everyone. I certainly don't think a third option is worth the $7/person it's going to cost you/your parents. 
  • I agree, I think 2 is fine. We are also having a buffet, but we have quite a few options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Yes we are doing a mashed potato bar and also a bunch of passed too. Once of which is the most amazing stuffed mushrooms I have ever had. We ate every last one at the tasting haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think 2 options for veggie meals is more than enough. We are doing 3 + 1 veggie at our venue but thats because they dont charge us more for them, they have 5 to choose from and we could not narrow it down at all. I wouldnt pay more money to give more options. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards