Military Brides

Team baby

I have my first question. Did you ever get a raging headache? I know I can take Tylenol but nothing else. It isnt working. Any suggestions?
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Team baby

• UGH!  My first question as a mentor and I can't help!  :/  I never got headaches- just 24/7 heartburn for the entire pregnancy.  If Tylenol isn't helping, I'm not sure what else to tell you.  Is it constant?  That's the hardest thing about being pregnant- not being able to take many medications.  Maybe try drinking a cup of coffee or tea or a small Diet Coke?  The caffeine might help if you're ok drinking caffeine.  It's safe if you stick to 200mg or less per day.  But some women prefer to not have any while pregnant.  It's a personal preference I suppose. 

The beauty of it all is you're almost done with your first trimester, so most of these ailments will go away soon.  Then you'll wake up one day feeling amazing with tons of energy.  :)
  • I had a headach from day one and I don't think it ever went away (neither did my heartburn or my nausea). When possible, I sat in a dark, quiet rooom with a cold cloth over my eyes or ran cold water over my wrists. Small amounts of caffiene helped for a while too. If it gets totally unbearable, call your doctor's office and ask if there is anything else they can give you that won't hurt Baby Hike. (I know I'm not Team Baby, and hate "eavesdropping" but wanted to offer my little bit of experience with the hope of helping.)
  • I've heard tonic water is a natural helper for headaches!  And ginger is great for settling a stomach.  My cousin mixes little pieces of ginger in a tonic water drink and sips it all day, but she's still having morning sickness and it helps.  The tonic water also helps with restless leg syndrome, so I drink it a lot.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:8d204f3e-4ecb-4c7d-8d0f-c43e10586499">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a headach from day one and I don't think it ever went away (neither did my heartburn or my nausea). When possible, I sat in a dark, quiet rooom with a cold cloth over my eyes or ran cold water over my wrists. Small amounts of caffiene helped for a while too. If it gets totally unbearable, call your doctor's office and ask if there is anything else they can give you that won't hurt Baby Hike. <strong>(I know I'm not Team Baby, and hate "eavesdropping" but wanted to offer my little bit of experience with the hope of helping.)
    </strong>Posted by CozyHeart13[/QUOTE]

By all means- offer away!  Any advise I'm sure is appreciated.  :)
  • Thread Jack....
    Team Baby is giving me the fevah again... HOW CUTE is that onesie! Miss January... awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

I ditto Cal's suggestions. Those have both worked for me. Especially the ginger. I would not have survived the honeymoon without ginger!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:3085cc6d-3047-41f6-88b7-d21e128e47d2">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thread Jack.... Team Baby is giving me the fevah again... HOW CUTE is that onesie! Miss January... awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

LMAO You're too funny!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:3085cc6d-3047-41f6-88b7-d21e128e47d2">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thread Jack.... <strong>Team Baby is giving me the fevah again... HOW CUTE is that onesie! Miss January... awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!</strong> I ditto Cal's suggestions. Those have both worked for me. Especially the ginger. I would not have survived the honeymoon without ginger!!!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

She is so perfectly adorable! Makes me wish mine was tiny again...almost. Enjoy it cause it goes by SO incredibly fast!
  • Cozy- jump in anytime!! My headache problem, I think, is my sinus infection. I took a sudafed and feel thismuchbetter. However, the first sudafed I took hit my gag reflex weird and I puked in the parking lot of Walgreens. The joy of pregnancy. :-/ this baby better love me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:e2bd8e05-105e-4f08-b7b5-90b09f633dae">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cozy- jump in anytime!! My headache problem, I think, is my sinus infection. I took a sudafed and feel thismuchbetter. However, the first sudafed I took hit my gag reflex weird and I puked in the parking lot of Walgreens.<strong> The joy of pregnancy</strong>. :-/ this baby better love me.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

IDK where I was when we learned that you are preggers, but I just have to say congratulations :) That's awesome!!!! YAY!

edit:spelling, argh.
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:635f4b35-f469-43ac-a0bf-46d0ae930517">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Team baby : She is so perfectly adorable! Makes me wish mine was tiny again...almost.<strong> Enjoy it cause it goes by SO incredibly fast!
    </strong>Posted by CozyHeart13[/QUOTE]

Oh I am!  Everyone tells me that.  I'm super crazy with the pics and videos (especially since H just deployed and is missing all this).  I even took a pic of her cute little diaper butt because I think it's so adorable!  She's totally going to hate me when it comes time for the HS graduation slide show!  LOL

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:e2bd8e05-105e-4f08-b7b5-90b09f633dae">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cozy- jump in anytime!! My headache problem, I think, is my sinus infection. I took a sudafed and feel thismuchbetter. However, the first sudafed I took hit my gag reflex weird and I puked in the parking lot of Walgreens. The joy of pregnancy. :-/ <strong>this baby better love me.
    </strong>Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Yey for feeling better too! :)
  • Thanks fire! I outed myself yesterday :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:3fa517d4-acd0-4fe0-9fbb-ce25e34a6173">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Team baby : Oh I am!  Everyone tells me that.  I'm super crazy with the pics and videos (especially since H just deployed and is missing all this).  I even took a pic of her cute little diaper butt because I think it's so adorable!  She's totally going to hate me when it comes time for the HS graduation slide show!  LOL Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

I deployed when DD wasn't quite 6 months old and her dad and my mom sent me little dvds of her each month. I was so thrilled they caught her first crawl on one of those dvds, and her first word. I haven't been around for any of her firsts, so that was a HUGE deal for me. Keep it up lady, if your H is anything like I was he appreciates EVERY picture.

And it's our job as mommies to take pictures that can be used as blackmail during the teen years. DD is going to hate me, but I took pictures of her on the potty for the first time. Horrible, I know.
  • CozyHeart13CozyHeart13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    [QUOTE]Cozy- jump in anytime!! My headache problem, I think, is my sinus infection. I took a sudafed and feel thismuchbetter. However, the first sudafed I took hit my gag reflex weird and I puked in the parking lot of Walgreens. The joy of pregnancy. :-/ this baby better love me.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

OK, you've officially surpassed me. I didn't find out until my post partum check that I could have taken sudafed while pregnant. I suffered the SC allergy seasons without meds! 

I hope things get better for you soon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:3f6689e3-8b66-44dd-8113-1c19c25132d1">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard tonic water is a natural helper for headaches!  And ginger is great for settling a stomach.  My cousin mixes little pieces of ginger in a tonic water drink and sips it all day, but she's still having morning sickness and it helps.  <strong>The tonic water also helps with restless leg syndrome, so I drink it a lot.</strong>
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Thread jack: OMG! You have this too?!
    Photobucket
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_team-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1ce78dc8-f8b0-41fe-9dce-4689187d9181Post:c04f1157-9b73-4f77-8f13-8b024ea287aa">Re: Team baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Team baby : I deployed when DD wasn't quite 6 months old and her dad and my mom sent me little dvds of her each month. I was so thrilled they caught her first crawl on one of those dvds, and her first word. I haven't been around for any of her firsts, so that was a HUGE deal for me. Keep it up lady, if your H is anything like I was he appreciates EVERY picture.   And it's our job as mommies to take pictures that can be used as blackmail during the teen years. DD is going to hate me, but I took pictures of her on the potty for the first time. Horrible, I know.
    Posted by CozyHeart13[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you.  I'm active duty also and my unit also just deployed.  So there's a very strong possibility that I may end up meeting them over there towards the end of the summer when my postpartum profile is up.  Fortunately it would only be for 30-60 days, but the thought still kills me none the less.  :/
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm not one to take meds much, so when I get a headache, I pinch/squeeze the tendon between my pointer finger and thumb (in the "web" of your hand in between, if that makes sense). Its supposed to be a pressure point in reflexology that is connected to your head. It may be "all in my head" that it works....but hey, if I think my headache is gone, works for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards