Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

couple things :)

First of all, has anyone written their own ceremony, or have you seen someone's bio or someone around here thath as done theirs? We don't want to write our own vows to each other, but write our ceremony together with our officiant. I'm looking for inspiration.

Second, what is or was your recessional song? I want something upbeat and fun...but I think I am on wedding overload because I can't think of anything!

Re: couple things :)

• edited August 2012
    We worked with our officiant to write our ceremony. Our JP actually had a 3 page survey that we filled out for her.  It had elements in it about our families, our losses, our past. We also had a ring exchange vow that we found online that our JP used. It was truly a one of a kind ceremony!

As for the recessional, we used Good Day Sunshine by The Beatles.  It fit perfectly with our outdoor ceremony!
    Anniversary
  • Our officiant had a BOOK of ceremonies and pieces of ceremonies that she'd developed with previous couples, and part of our fee to her allowed us to peruse that and pull sections and modify them to create something that worked for us. It was perfect, and really easy. If your officiant has done weddings before, they might have something similar to serve as a starting point.

Our vows are fairly traditional, but we tweaked things here and there. For example, I wanted to make sure that our responses were "I do" not "I will". So we rephrased the question to say "Do you promise..." instead of "Will you...".

Our recessional will be "You've Got a Friend In Me" from Toy Story, because my FI loves Pixar. The version we're using is a duet with Randy Newman (who wrote the song) and Lyle Lovett. I really like Lyle Lovett, so the combo works perfectly!
  • I pieced together the ceremony from a bunch of different ones I found on line.  I can PM it to you if you want. 

We used I Do by Colbie Caillat for our recessional. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_couple-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:62b4c5db-4531-4fd9-afa8-6d636a68a57bPost:27c26c97-7703-43d1-b13d-4a4371619369">Re: couple things :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I pieced together the ceremony from a bunch of different ones I found on line.  I can PM it to you if you want.  We used I Do by Colbie Caillat for our recessional. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, if you wouldn't mind!
  • YGPM F&F. 
  • When i was at my cousin's wedding, thier recessional was "I'm a Believer" by Smash Mouth. 
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • We are having my FSIL preform the ceremony, as neither of are religious and feel this will be more meaningful to us. I couldnt find anything 'traditional' that we full liked, so we wrote the ceremony and vows ourselves, with the help of google an the Knot.  I must have read a million different ceremonies and vows, getting inspirtation, taking words/phrases etc and re-working them into our own until we had a full ceremony.
    I suggest first looking at various samples to understand and find a structure you like, then fill it in with your words and any inspiration you find.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards