African American Weddings

Invitation Wording

Ladies,

I know i could post this on the invites board, but i value your opinions more : )

I'm STRUGGLING with the wording of my invites.

Both sets of parents are divorced. My FI dad is out of the picture. My parents are civil towards each other (ie. no grudges or hard feelings).

I'm not sure what direction to go with the wording. I was thinking along these lines;

Ms. Christine last name
and Ambassador A. last name
together with
Ms. Alta last name
request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their children
T.M
and
M.C
on.........

or

Ms. Christine last name
and
Ambassador A. last name
request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter
T.M
to
M.C
Son of
Ms. Alta last name
on........

What do you all think? I'm open to suggestions...

TIA!

Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Invitation Wording

• edited December 2011
    Who is paying for the wedding? You can just say that your FI and you request the honor of your guests and add the parents to the program to keep it easy.

But if the parents are paying than I like your 1st selection better.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the wording of the second one. Im guessing parents may be funding based on the choices you made.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • edited December 2011

My parents are helping FI and i with some of the purchases. His mom has not offered anything (yet) lol.

• edited December 2011
    Can you just say:

Together with our families
    T.M.
    and
    M.C.
    Request the honor of your presence for our wedding

Or something along those lines.  If you just say "together with our families" you don't have to worry about how to list your parents names.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitation-wording-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:742ad6fe-9fe2-4ab0-b614-e4ffb8e38706Post:f5ea85c5-5df9-41d5-80f4-50e4c6a9ff12">Re: Invitation Wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you just say: Together with our families T.M. and M.C. Request the honor of your presence for our wedding Or something along those lines.  If you just say "together with our families" you don't have to worry about how to list your parents names.
    Posted by kiyamurph[/QUOTE]

Thats my last option. I would really like to include their names. We'll see where this goes.

Thanks aghouston for the link.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitation-wording-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:742ad6fe-9fe2-4ab0-b614-e4ffb8e38706Post:f5ea85c5-5df9-41d5-80f4-50e4c6a9ff12">Re: Invitation Wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you just say: <strong>Together with our families</strong> T.M. and M.C. Request the honor of your presence for our wedding Or something along those lines.  If you just say "together with our families" you don't have to worry about how to list your parents names.
    Posted by kiyamurph[/QUOTE]

This is what we put. FI & I are paying for mostly everything. My mom is paying for some stuff. FI's mom paid for 1 vendor. So to include everyone & not have so much wording, we decided this was best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards