Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Using MOH's sisters for hair/makeup

My MOH's sisters are about to finish cosmo school and get their licenses. I've seen the hair and makeup they did on a friends recent wedding and wasn't impressed at all. But my MOH is assuming that I'm using them. I tried to joke that I have to use my hair stylist because I've been using her for 8 years and she'd be crushed if I didn't. But I'm not sure my MOH got the hint. How do I tell her I'm not using her sisters without coming off mean?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Using MOH's sisters for hair/makeup

• Maybe you could tell her you'd just rather go with someone who is familiar with your hair already.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Will they be guests at the wedding?  If so, you could use the excuse that you would rather them be able to just relax and enjoy the day.

If not, just let her know that you are more comfortable using your own stylist for such an important event.

• They're not guests at my wedding. I think I'll just be honest with her the next time she brings it up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Without being mean about it, you should probably just kindly tell her that you would like to go with someone else.  It is your wedding day and you want to look your absolute best.  That means if you hurt someone's feelings, oh well, they need to respect your opinions and wishes!

• There's no need to made excuses.  Just tell her that you are using your regular stylist.  Anyone who would expect you to not do so is just an idiot.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards