Nevada-Las Vegas

Who allows outside photography?!?

I already have an awesome photgrapher(http://nyholt.com/blog/) who is traveling with me to Vegas for our destination wedding(we booked him before we knew we were doing destination). I've been searching all week and I have noticed a lot of hotels on the strip don't allow outside photography for the ceremony! Does anyone know who allows outside photography for the ceremony?! I am so okay with paying for a fee for him to be there! Any information will help, thanks!

Re: Who allows outside photography?!?

• None of the MGM properties (MGM, Mandalay, Luxor, Excalibur, Mirage, Vdara, Aria, Bellagio, Monte Carlo, NYNY, Circus Circus) allow an outside vendor as they all have a bs contract with Cashman who you should avoid at all costs unless you want to spend $3000 to $10,000 on the rights to your photos.  Venetian and Palazzo are included in the Cashman crew.

You can randomly pay an outside vendor fee at TotalRewards (aka Caesars Entertainment) properties; Caesars, Flamingo, PH, Paris, Ballys.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, some have success with it, others don't.  It will range from $150 to $450.  You can also do this at Imperial Palace I believe.

Wynn lets you pay but it's a huge fee, $600+ last I heard.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• IP does allow outside photography. Currently, the outside vendor fee is 150.
  • Also, it depends on whether you are using the hotel's "Chapel" or just getting married on the hotel grounds.  For example, I am getting married at the Bellagio (an MGM property), but we are NOT using the Wedding Chapel.  We are getting married on the Grand Patio, which is an outdoor space controlled by the Catering Department and not the Wedding Chapel.  We can use any photographer we want (we are using Todd from Bentley & Wilson).  I'm not sure if the Catering Department will let you use the space if you are not having the reception there (we are doing both ceremony and reception there). 

Each hotel is different - - Wynn's Catering department told us we had to use their in house photography even if we didn't use their Chapel, which is why we didn't even look at their property. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am pretty sure the Stratosphere allows outside photography. We are getting married there and they allow all outside vendors with no or minimal fees. You could call their chapel and inquire about photography specifically, they always answer and are super helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone! I found out the Wynn charges $700 for outside photography. I will checkout all of those hotels. I am hoping to have an outdoor ceremony and not in a chapel so hopefully this will help!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_who-allows-outside-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:37dbfb7b-79b0-4208-a8c3-db754524ca72Post:6690f92c-0421-41e0-9c83-5ec581d69b5a">Re: Who allows outside photography?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, it depends on whether you are using the hotel's "Chapel" or just getting married on the hotel grounds.  For example, I am getting married at the Bellagio (an MGM property), but we are NOT using the Wedding Chapel.  We are getting married on the Grand Patio, which is an outdoor space controlled by the Catering Department and not the Wedding Chapel.  We can use any photographer we want (we are using Todd from Bentley & Wilson). 
    Posted by SD210[/QUOTE]

We were told no for the Bellagio and we are also getting married on the patio!!! Now i am confused and upset as lost the chance to have Todd as he is booked on our day :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards