Re: Good Morning!

• mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    << I love it. Puffy heart with glitter love it. >>

Ps this made me LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011

I don't have the Hemnes set, just to clarify. I have some gorgeous wrought iron swirly bed. It's from Ikea though, and my exh was a big boy... it held up very well. I have a new mattress that's not from Ikea, so I couldn't tell you how they hold up. :(

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011

Haha ok, so it passes the big boy test!  I'd rather skimp on the bed and splurge on the mattress.  We found the mattress we liked at Ashley's furniture in Elkton.  And I was going to get a tv stand and dining room set from Ikea anyway... so I might go with the bed too.  Who knows...  but I need to start saving ASAP for all this along with the wedding.  I'm kinda hoping for a big settlement from my accident to help, but who knows when that will be over with.

my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Mine took a year, almost to the day. Actually, yeah. My accident was 1/22/10, the settlement check got here 3 weeks ago. ( i think...)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Was it was a year since you were still being treated?  The other insurance call every 30 days and I tell them I'm still being treated.  I'm more banking on that money to go to wedding since it's not until Fall 2012 to make up for the money I'm spending now on the house stuff.  Have you started looking at houses/ get preaproved like you were talking about?
    my 2012 shelf:
  • edited December 2011

No, I finished my treatment in either september or october. So, 4 months, tops. I guess it depends on the extent of the lawsuit, and the lawyer.

I kinda played around on the internet a little the other day to figure out what we could afford- FI told me about how much he'd put towards a mortgage, and I thought it would get us enough house... but apparently, it won't. I found a few homes that I'm in love with, but he convinced me to wait until after the wedding. (Which makes no sense, because if we're TTC right after the wedding, I'm not gonna be 6 months KU moving. Again. I've already done that. I'm not doing it again!

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    I had an IKEA bed in college, lasted 4 years... It was a platform bed with shelving underneath.. It wasnt worth taking apart so I sold it... I also have IKEA furniture, bed included at my parents house. Its held up with me and my DH in it.. He is 5'11.. I wouldnt trust an IKEA mattress but I do love IKEA...
    edited December 2011
    Paprika - I'd talk to mortgage company.  I always looked online calculators etc, and they never said I could afford anything in this area.  When we had the person working with us, it was different.  Figure out how much you can afford the mortgage be a month, then talk to a realitor and mortgage company.  I was surprised I can be approved for this house on just my salary.  They based it on my debt/income ratio and it has to be below a certain % (in the 40s) with the mortgage payment.
    my 2012 shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards