Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal dinner issue

Hi ladies,

My fiance and I are in the process of scoping out rehearsal dinner sites. This past Friday we went to a british pub to check out the food and service, etc. We like the idea of having our dinner at a british pub because we studied abroad together in London and it was the best time of our lives. Anyway, this pub offers a great and reasonable priced menu so we figured we would try it out. However, the waitress we had was rushing us throughout our meal and asked us to move to accomodate a larger party after we had already tipped her. My fiance was really upset so he sent an angry email that I am completely embarrased about. He wasn't dropping f-bombs or anything but it came off as rude. Now, I'm afriad they might not want to accomoate us because of this email. How should I rectify this? We weren't pleased with the service, but I don't want to come off sounding like a crazy couple. Thank you!!!

Re: Rehearsal dinner issue

• edited December 2011
    Service Matters!  Although it would be a great idea since you both did study abroad, you don't want to be in a place that's gonna rush you out!  Make sure you find a place that will take care of you!
  • edited December 2011
    Why would you want to host your RD at a restaurant where you don't like the service? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    To be honest, I'd be looking for a new place for the RD, because I wouldn't want my guests to be rushed.

If you are set on this particular pub, make an appointment with the manager to discuss the situation. Your fi was right to let the management know about the rude treatment, but of course, he should have done it politely. You should be able to tell if they are going to hold a grudge during the meeting. If you get bad vibes, move on to another place.

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be looking for a new location..
  • veggienatveggienat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Is there another Pub in the area?  Maybe set up a meeting with the manager, and maybe apologize about the email tone, but state your concerns and see if they are willing to take on your rehersal dinner and all that it will entail.  Hopefully you can at least feel them out and see if it will even be worth it at this point.  Best of luck!

• edited December 2011
    I would not personally want my RD at a place with such LAME service!
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with the PPs. I'd find somewhere else to go.
  • jjcarminejjcarmine member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the feedback! My fiance ended up sending them a follow-up email and the manager sent us a $50 gift card and wrote us a really nice note. I know it may be playing with fire but we're going to go back and see if we get a different vibe, if it's still the same then we are not going to waste our time with them. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards