Florida-South Florida

Wedding Confessional Booth Monday!

Confession time....let it out!

Re: Wedding Confessional Booth Monday!

• FI and I have spoken about eloping and I just could never do it. I have reached to the point in which I do see myself eloping because I just want to marry him and start the new chapter in our lives. Wedding planning has been extrememly stressful and I have seen the true colors of some people who I considered as "friends" and even from family. I always thought wedding planning was a happy moment where everyone feels so happy for you and won't give you the "evil eye" lol but it hasn't. Thankfully, we have amazing planners now and they have been able to help us out in everything we needed them in. I look forward to the wedding we have planned so far but damn, it sucks to look back at everything that has happened....jealously/envy are two horrible things which can bring down even the strongest of bonds.

Sorry, I just had to let it....
  • Sadly I have been going through the same things with friends and family. I was against eloping at first too but I am for it now. I am over the stress and everyone's expectations. As long and my FI are happy I could care less. 

I am glad a planner is able to help you get everything in order for your wedding. I wish you and your FI the best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel the same girls!!! I have definitely had those moments of "let's just elope and only have parents and siblings" it gets a little ridiculous and I'm happy to hear you all feeling the same.  It's definitely NOT all skittles and rainbows.  I remember reading on here how a few brides had canceled all of their plans because they just couldn't spend that amount of $$ for one day and how they were so tired of the stress.  I couldn't relate at the time but now I know what they were going through and how they felt...for sure.  But, just as Dania said- I hired a coordinator as well and she is saving the day!! I call her my Wedding Angel because she is truly FI & I's blessing during this time.  It's so hard to please family and even friends...all I keep saying is as soon as my dress gets here we can run away because all I really want to do is wear my pretty dress and marry the man of my dreams!!!
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • okay, one more vent because it's feeling good right now! LOL!! I have six bridesmaids, my sister and dearest friends.  However, one of my bridesmaids always throws a shower for whoever is getting married, baby, whatever, which is super sweet and I greatly appreciate it, BUT she likes to limit the amount of people.  No problem if I was still living in Atlanta and had multiple weekends available, but I do not and I am flying up one weekend to have my bridal shower and bachelorette the same day.  My sister and other BM's are throwing a shower on Saturday and now the other BM, we'll call her Ellie, is wanting to throw a private BM & Mom only shower on that Sunday.  I was okay with it until she said it couldn't happen until 2pm or 3pm.  Well, this may sound terrible but I usually fly back home btwn 4-6pm so I can get home and prepare for the week.  Not to mention my FI is going out of town the next day for a whole week.  I'm not really sure how to handle her and if I should just say thanks, but no thanks?  I'm planning to see if she wants to do something Friday night because Sunday is just a little tough.  Not to mention if we have it Sunday and I have to leave I will feel like I'm looking at the time all through the party knowing I have to get to the airport.  So I guess this is a vent and an advice post...
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-confessional-booth-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:fee743f3-d910-478e-a2c1-06741945e3d5Post:e9664b80-398e-4049-a316-34706b5eb09c">Re: Wedding Confessional Booth Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]okay, one more vent because it's feeling good right now! LOL!! I have six bridesmaids, my sister and dearest friends.  However, one of my bridesmaids always throws a shower for whoever is getting married, baby, whatever, which is super sweet and I greatly appreciate it, BUT she likes to limit the amount of people.  No problem if I was still living in Atlanta and had multiple weekends available, but I do not and I am flying up one weekend to have my bridal shower and bachelorette the same day.  My sister and other BM's are throwing a shower on Saturday and now the other BM, we'll call her Ellie, is wanting to throw a private BM & Mom only shower on that Sunday.  I was okay with it until she said it couldn't happen until 2pm or 3pm.  Well, this may sound terrible but I usually fly back home btwn 4-6pm so I can get home and prepare for the week.  Not to mention my FI is going out of town the next day for a whole week.  I'm not really sure how to handle her and if I should just say thanks, but no thanks?  I'm planning to see if she wants to do something Friday night because Sunday is just a little tough.  Not to mention if we have it Sunday and I have to leave I will feel like I'm looking at the time all through the party knowing I have to get to the airport.  So I guess this is a vent and an advice post...
    Posted by KatieBee23[/QUOTE]
    Oooo...kind of though situation but I do understand where you are coming from. I used have to do the same thing when I was visit my family while living in DC and it was basically for the same reason and because I lived in the boonies.

Did she tell you why she can't throw your private shower earlier? If she truly can be available for earlier then suggest to her to have a breakfast with her and whoever else will be attending. Be honest with her and hopefully, she will understand. However, if her reason does impede her of doing it earlier (i.e., because she has small kids) then you have very few options....you can cancel it or bite the bullet and take a later flight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards