Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

How clean did your sample dress get?

Hi all, my dress just came back from alterations and looks great, with the exception of the fact that its looking pretty dingy. Its a sample (ivory satin) so it was a touch worn looking to begin with, but I think my seamstress must have sewn it on the floor or washed her car with it, because it looks much rougher now! Its not trashed by any means...but when I came to pick it up, it wasnt in the bag...so God knows what it has endured. For you ladies that were recycled or sample brides...how clean and steamed were they able to get your dress? And if you don't mind me asking, how did you pick a cleaner and how much did it cost you?
Im usually typing on my Ipad...so forgive the typos! I promise I'm not illiterate. :)

Re: How clean did your sample dress get?

• Options
    Call around to make sure the cleaners actually clean wedding dresses right there in their shop. We have cleaners near us but they send out.  I think you get better service in house on big items.  I have seen cleaners get out wine and grass stains so I am hoping your dingy dress will come out great! I paid 150 to get mine cleaned and put in the preservation box.  They called me to see that it was cleaned before it went in the box.  The box part is a waste, you can use a archively correct box and paper and pack it yourself. 
  • Options
    I got my very simple dress (no lace or beading) cleaned for $30 after purchasing it at a sample sale and it came out good as new.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I don't know the answer to your question but the "washed her car with it" part made me literaly LOL.  Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress is a sample I bought in the "wedding district" in Cincy OH.  On the same street as the bridal boutique is the dry cleaners who cleaned my dress for $30, and then delivered it further down the street to the building where my boutique has alterations.  I'll have to take the dress someplace more local to me to be pressed a couple of days before the wedding.

I would think that $50 or less would clean your dress.  Have you checked your local board for any recommendations?  They may be able to tell you a great place locally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards