Honeymoon Discussions

Secrets Maroma Tell me about it!

Hello, we think we've finally come close to deciding on our honeymoon. We are interested in secrets maroma but I was looking for some first hand experiences with the rooms, beach, and activities. We LOVE water and snorkeling/scuba and the room itself isn't that important to us since we plan to be outside. I know there's a big price hike to go preferred and I'm thinking about opting out of that so we can stay an additional night. Whats the food like? Is it easy to get to food or do you need reservations? Hows the ocean on site? thanks!!!

Re: Secrets Maroma Tell me about it!

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I have a full review in my Ms. bio....however a few highlights

-We did Preferred Club and while it was nice, it's not necessary IMO.  Given your choice, I'd definitely opt for an additional night instead!!

-Ocean/beach is gorgeous!!  There are additional resorts to one side but just "blank" beach to the other, so you get walk the one direction and be completely isoloated

-Food is very easy to get to.  I actually don't think you really need any reservations; except for the Habachi grill or if you want a "special" dinner (like moonlight on the beach if it comes with your package).  However, we also got into the Habachi grill a second time without having any reservations. We just lucked out that there were 2 extra seats.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
  • aboozabooz member
    First Comment
    My son and his new bride are there now and are in love with the resort -- food is easy to get - the water they say is breathtaking and the room was beautiful -- everything you could ever want in a honeymoon -- if you book through a travel agency Linda Dancer with Honeymoons,inc is who they went with and she is great -- she knows Secrets well and has great connections -- I am thinking of taking my next trip there too --
  • Awesome thanks guys :) definitely helping me make my decision! We have been talking to a travel agent locally but our wedding is June 2012 so were waiting on airfare to come out
  • We went in October last year for our HM and loved it. You only need reservations if you want to see the "fire-show" at the Hibachi restaurant. The rest of the restaurants you can just go to. They may have a wait, but it usually is pretty short. The food was really good and the room service is 24 hour, so if you don't feel like going to eat, you can have it brought to you. I don't feel like the preferred is worth it. We didn't have it and I didn't feel like we were missing out on anything. The beach is really nice, clear water and the pool area is really nice. Best of luck!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards