Not Engaged Yet

Music Quiz

Let's get some fun going ladies! It's been kind of dead with a touch of BSC around here so let's break it up a bit and do a fun survey. (Don't mind me if this makes no sense, I'm making this up as I go.) Bonus points for pictures! Extra bonus points for links!!

1. Favorite solo artist-
2. Favorite group-
3. Favorite genre-
4. Favorite concert you attended-
5. Concert you'd love to see-
6. First concert you ever went to-
7. Song involving where you live-
8. Guilty pleasure artist-
9. SO's guilty pleasure artist-
10. Have you met any music artist?-
friends tv show funy

Re: Music Quiz

• edited December 2011

1. Favorite solo artist- probably Macy Gray or Norah Jones
    2. Favorite group- either Dispatch or O.A.R.
    3. Favorite genre- alternative? I guess is what you would call it, and I also really like reggae
    4. Favorite concert you attended- Green Day
    The worst concert I attended was Third Eye Blind, Counting Crows, and can't remember the third band. It was very disappointing.
    5. Concert you'd love to see-don't really have any that I really want to see right now.
    6. First concert you ever went to- Shinedown and a bunch of other groups in Live in '05
    7. Song involving where you live- Amarillo by Morning (up from San Antone) by George Strait - I used to live in Amarillo so every time my BF would come to see me he would sing it.
    8. Guilty pleasure artist-I don't think I really have one.
    9. SO's guilty pleasure artist- Black Eyed Peas
    10. Have you met any music artist?- Well my friend Seleste records some of her own music and I think she has a gorgeous voice
    http://www.selestepaige.com/

• edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist-
    Sara Groves - Her "fireflies and song" album. I think I want her song "twice as good" for my wedding...you can listen to it www.rhapsody.com/-search?query=sara+groves&searchtype=RhapAlbum">here.
    2. Favorite group-
    Lifehouse
    3. Favorite genre-
    anything, not picky
    Steve Miller Band at Red Rocks
    Lifehouse - preferably at a small venue
    Amy Grant - house of love tour in the '90s
    Something by John Denver maybe??
    Katy Perry
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Amy Grant and Daughtry (Pic Below)

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I refuse to take this quiz on account of liking too many different kinds of music.

I will say that I lurves me some GaGa but also Norah Jones and Michael Bubbly (yes, that's spelt the way I want it.)  Taylor Swift is my guilty music and I've met Melanie Doane and...wait for it...Aaron Carter.  lol

And Stan Rogers sings about us in Barrett's Privateers : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PQbdmQRwc

So does Classified in Oh Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjiwBwBL4Qo

And Joel Plasket talks about us too in Nowhere with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPZ42Bhqm-M

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist-

My music tastes really vary, but I always love Norah Jones or Diana Krall. I'm also really loving Lynn Miles these days, every time I hear her I want to phone HBO and suggest one her songs for True Blood.

2. Favorite group-

At the moment it is Edward Sharpe and the Magentic Zeros, but I really love any rock or alternative band that has stood the test of time.

3. Favorite genre-

Rock or Alernative

I loved going to Pearl Jam and Coldplay, but I really love the festivals around here.

A big concert like U2

Back in the day when Bush and Gavin Rossdale were known as Bush X, their opener was Veruca Salt.

No clue

I'm awful at remembering artists and song titles, so there are likely way too many.

Not sure

I've met lots of local artist, but not really anyone the world would know.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist- Taylor Swift
    2. Favorite group- Anberlin
    3. Favorite genre- I'm kind of all over the place.
    4. Favorite concert you attended- I really liked Taylor Swift, and Anberlin, and Our Lady Peace. I've seen OLP more than the other two though, and they always put on a good show.
    5. Concert you'd love to see- I don't love concerts.
    6. First concert you ever went to- Anberlin
    7. Song involving where you live- Oh, Canada.
    8. Guilty pleasure artist- just about any catchy pop music.
    9. SO's guilty pleasure artist- He likes Taylor Swift now ;)
    10. Have you met any music artist?-  Uhhh not anyone really famous.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I guess I worded this wrong because I totally wanted more pics haha. Oh well I know a lot of people are at work and that can't happen so I will deal. Okay, time to answer my own questions.

1. Favorite solo artist-
    Darius Rucker. (AKA Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish)

2. Favorite group-
    Rascal Flatts. I've seen them every year for the past 4 years and plan to see them again this year.

3. Favorite genre-
    I LOVE 80s. BF and I both have a "Best of the 80s set, it's 4 discs. I love it.

I saw Darius Rucker open for Rascal Flatts. I don't know how I am still living after that but I am. I also loved Steve Miller, I saw them for my 18th Birthday.

I am dying to see Aerosmith. If they ever come around again (which I'm hoping after Idol Steven Tyler will be sober enough to do one more tour) My step-father is also buying me an Aerosmith tattoo because I graduated school haha.

Alanis Morissette. I was about 8 or 9 and there was a guy driving around the parking lot and I got on the radio because my grandma had made us whoppie pies to take. A radio DJ was driving around broadcasting and stopped and was like "Are those whoppie pies? I love them, can I have one?" Then he questioned us. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

There are SOO many!  Here are a few of my favs (All are clickys)
    Kenny Chesney- "Please come to Boston"
    Kenny Chesney- "She's from Boston"
    Dropkick Murphys- "Shipping up to Boston"
    Dropkick Murphys- "Tessie"

I can't think of one really.

BF loves Miley Cyrus. He'd kill me for telling you too.

Yes I've met Shwayzee. They were at Logan when I was going in to get my cousin. They were just starting out as a band and were on every other commercial on MTV. I smiled and waved as they went by then realized I had my camera and went back to ask if I could snap a picture.

I also met Katy Perry. She was doing a concert at Six Flags. I was there with my cousins but the younger ones wanted to go on more rides before we left so I stayed at the concert alone. I met two girls there just to have someone to talk to. Then a woman came up and told us to start yelling Adam because that was her son and he was Katy's drummer. Needless to say that she then asked the three of us if we wanted to go backstage and we did. The pic is blurry because my camera was fighting to stay alive.. and thank God it did!

ETA- I forgot but I totally met Taylor Swift too. She played a concert with Jack Ingrid, Kellie Pickler, and Brad Paisley. We had the choice to get an autograph from Kellie or Taylor and we waited for Taylor. The security guards were rushing everyone through and they didn't allow cameras but we got a quick pic from my cell. She was apologizing for them rushing us.

friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:68e96c93-6792-4003-9f4b-03543f14d16b">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2. Favorite group- Anberlin 3. Favorite genre- I'm kind of all over the place. 4. Favorite concert you attended- I really liked Taylor Swift, and Anberlin, and Our Lady Peace. I've seen OLP more than the other two though, and they always put on a good show. Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

I really like Anberlin too! That sounds like a concert that I would want to go to.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Niknik, they were awesome! I'm so glad to have found someone else who likes them since they still aren't very well known :) They have grown in popularity over the 7 years I've liked them though... :)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist-
    Ray LaMontagne

2. Favorite group-
    Dave Matthews Band and The Beatles

3. Favorite genre-
    Classic Rock

Definitely one from DMB, I am not sure of a specific one because I've seen them 46 times, but probably one of their shows from 2000-2002.

Paul McCartney

DMB in 1998 (I was 12!)

I'm not sure there's a song about RI.. I will just go with cde's picks for Boston. :)

Miley Cyrus 'Party in the USA' is my guilty pleasure song.

I can't even think of one for him actually!

Stefan Lessard and Boyd Tinsley from DMB
    Tim Reynolds

Ray LaMontagne
    Carbon Leaf

Victor Wooten from Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
    Luke Esterkyn from Stroke 9

I'm sure there are more I am not thinking of, I love concerts I have easily seen over 200.
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist-
    cde - My favorite is Darius Rucker, too! I actually saw Hootie and the Blowfish a bunch of times in college, before they hit it big. One night was at a party at the armory - $5 for the band and all you could drink. They weren't very good then, but I love the music that he makes.
    2. Favorite group- 
    Dave Matthews Band
    3. Favorite genre- 
    country
    It's a tie: Dave Matthews Band - August 2008 in Glendale. Awesome seats (13th row!) and my first DMB concert with my BF (he's seen them 48 times!)
    Or Garth Brooks - went to see him in Vegas with a couple friends. We didn't know it but we had FRONT ROW TICKETS!!! No cameras were allowed, but it was amazing and I'll never forget him standing in front of us singing.
    Dixie Chicks circa 2000, Brad Paisley now
    The Monkees 20th reunion tour
    There is no Arizona - Jamie O'Neal
    It doesn't really mention Phoenix, but I've been to Sedona and it's gorgeous.
    Taylor Swift. Right now I am addicted to her song You're Not Sorry (clicky)
    Also, Barry Manilow. I grew up listening to him with my parents, and was named after his song Mandy (Amanda).
    He is obsessed with Metallica these days.
    10. Have you met any music artist?
    Randomly, I know people in two major Christian bands. Two of my friends from middle school are in Jars of Clay, and the brother of one of my best friends from college is in Third Day. Other than that, I have met Clint Dempsey, who is better known as a soccer player, but who also has a rap song (clicky) that I LOVE and listen to constantly while I run. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiger, NO WAY, you know people from JoC and Third Day?? That's pretty cool!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:7e94afb3-aee4-435d-b061-382468bb613e">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. 4. Favorite concert you attended- Definitely one from DMB, I am not sure of a specific one because <strong>I've seen them 46 times</strong>, but probably one of their shows from 2000-2002.
    Posted by Sosteadilygo[/QUOTE]

<div>Before I met my BF and saw DMB in concert, I would have thought you were crazy. Now I'm just jealous, and I'm not even that much of a music fan. That's how good DMB is in concert...</div>

edited December 2011
    Yep... I was in Young Life with Charlie Lowell and Matt Odmark. I've probably known them since I was 10. I had a HUGE crush on Matt and still keep in touch with his sister.

Tai Anderson is my friend's brother. He pops up in her facebook pictures from time to time and I've met him a couple times. Good guy with a TON of kids! :)

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:9224038b-a4b4-479a-bd9d-e3eba888b376">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE]4. Favorite concert you attended - It's a tie: Dave Matthews Band - August 2008 in Glendale. Awesome seats (13th row!) and my first DMB concert with my BF (he's seen them 48 times!) Or <strong>Garth Brooks - went to see him in Vegas with a couple friends. We didn't know it but we had FRONT ROW TICKETS!!!</strong> No cameras were allowed, but it was amazing and I'll never forget him standing in front of us singing. Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I.am.beyond.jealous.

I want to see him so bad! But I am almost positive he is retired now.
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:650e799e-df2b-4f85-9d0f-d209918a8f8c">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE]Niknik, they were awesome! I'm so glad to have found someone else who likes them since they still aren't very well known :) They have grown in popularity over the 7 years I've liked them though... :)
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Well I heard about them in highschool or my first year in college, so between 2004 and '06. I haven't really paid much attention to them since then, but since you said something it reminded me of them.
    edited December 2011
    cde - don't be so sure about that (GB being retired). That's what I thought, too, then he came out of retirement to do some shows in Vegas. Word on the street was he was going to continue to perform. The concert was definitely less subdued than his old ones (no running around the stage, and he was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt). But he has the voice of an angel, and it was cool hearing the little stories behind the music.

Ok, I just looked it up because I was curious... he's performing February through July in Vegas. Click here!

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist-
    This is kinda hard...probably Paul Simon.
    2. Favorite group-
    Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Hall & Oates, Parliament, various epic disco groups
    3. Favorite genre-
    The good stuff from the 70s. With some amount of funk to them. Stuff that my Hall & Oates Pandora station plays.
    Paul McCartney - Back in the US. George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars were great, too (BF was disappointed that Bootsy Collins wasn't there, though).
    I really want to see B. B. King sometime. And I hope Simon and Garfunkel do another tour together; I haven't seen them live and really want to.
    Ya know...I can't remember! It might have been McCartney. Unless you count bajillions of classical concerts, ballet, plays, opera, etc.
    Haha--I would have liked this question better when I was living in NYC. The only thing I can think of for Minnesota is this goofy rap song that's like 10 minutes long that waxes rhapsodic about the Midwest and good values. It does mention my city, and areas I know from growing up in Southeast MI.
    Haha...it might be Taylor Swift, currently.
    BF doesn't have any guilt about any of his musical pleasures. :)
    10. Have you met any music artist?
    Mostly classical ones. Also, various professional jazz musicians who aren't majorly famous.

I'm sure I've left out a lot of artists I really love; it's hard to come up with this stuff off the top of my head!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CDEC YOU MET KATY AND TAYLOR! !?!?!? *supreme jealousy*

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Marley - the summer before last I had a 6 month internship at a company and the guy in the cubicle next to me always listened to one Simon and Garfunkel cd. It started off just every once in a while, then became a war between me, my cubicle mate, and him.

He got to the point where he would put it in, turn up his speakers and leave. I then went to his cubicle and turned the speakers off. Needless to say, every time I think of that band I have an immediate hate for this guy. :(
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Man, this is kind of a tough one for me!

1. Favorite solo artist-
    Of all time, I'd say Mariah Carey, but that's pre-1998 Mariah.

2. Favorite group-
    Save Ferris, Dance Hall Crashers, Evanescence, and Lacuna Coil

3. Favorite genre-
    Alternative, Ska, or Gothic Metal

The first time I saw Evanescence (back when no one knew who they were) and we were really close to them, or when I saw Lacuna Coil in Santa Cruz a few years ago. They were supposed to be the middle act, but the headliner cancelled last minute. As a result, Lacuna Coil headlined, half the people didn't show up, and I got my money back! I was 10 feet from the stage, and it was awesome.

Lady Gaga. I hear she puts on quite a show

Save Ferris in college, when I was practically sitting on the sax player's monitor

I don't think there are any. The closest would be "Do you know the way to San Jose?"

Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera

He listens to the dance/hip-hop station

I met Lifehouse when I interned at a radio station. I chatted with their guitar tech while they were in studio, and the lead singer signed a CD to me. They were all super nice.
    I also met Gavin, the drummer from Dance Hall Crashers. I went to the merch table before the show and did a double take because he was just sitting there. He said I was cute.  =)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:4c92f09b-67d0-4b2c-afda-a41adecac87e">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music Quiz : Well I heard about them in highschool or my first year in college, so between 2004 and '06. I haven't really paid much attention to them since then, but since you said something it reminded me of them.
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

They've come out with about two CDs since then, but I don't think they're quite as good as their old ones. But still, good ones! Their newest album feels much more mature and grown up, even in its sound.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:5d0ac696-be03-464d-a811-870c907989e2">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music Quiz : They've come out with about two CDs since then, but I don't think they're quite as good as their old ones. But still, good ones! Their newest album feels much more mature and grown up, even in its sound.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

I will definitely have to check it out.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:0a83d38d-5328-4658-8ed7-4454b3545ded">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE]Marley - the summer before last I had a 6 month internship at a company and the guy in the cubicle next to me always listened to one Simon and Garfunkel cd. It started off just every once in a while, then became a war between me, my cubicle mate, and him. He got to the point where he would put it in, turn up his speakers and leave. I then went to his cubicle and turned the speakers off. Needless to say, every time I think of that band I have an immediate hate for this guy. :(
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

LOL. I can respect his wanting to listen to it over and over, but it's not cool to subject everyone else to that! Get some headphones, dude!
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist-
    I can't pick just one! Brandi Carlile, Ray LaMontagne, Tori Amos, Gaga, Britney...My taste is really eclectic and I tend to like specific songs and not entire albums, if that makes sense

2. Favorite group-
    Dixie Chicks, Goo Goo Dolls, Indigo Girls

3. Favorite genre-
    Bluesy/folksy/country/pop?

Tori and Britney. Yes, I like both. :P

Brandi Carlile with the Indigo Girls!

Bush. LOL. Gavin Rosdale is still sexy.

I can't think of any

I don't feel guilty about what I like

Gaga. I love when he sings Gaga songs in the car!

No

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm answering what I want, cause I do

3. Favorite genre- Old rock.  Big fan of the 80s
    4. Favorite concert you attended- Bonnaroo.  4 day music festival in a field in the middle of nowhere.  It was insane.
    5. Concert you'd love to see- I want to go to Roo again this year, but it's not happening.
    6. First concert you ever went to- Ted Nugent opening for Lynard Skynard
    7. Song involving where you live- My old Kentucky Home?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-quiz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c88dfb05-7a0b-45b8-8f5a-1c8826130eacPost:86079c80-4b39-4f0e-aa9a-13d0399c7047">Re: Music Quiz</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music Quiz : Before I met my BF and saw DMB in concert, I would have thought you were crazy. Now I'm just jealous, and I'm not even that much of a music fan. That's how good DMB is in concert...
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

When I tell people about my DMB obsession they think I'm insane! They are awesome because not one show was the same, but they were all so great. That's why I love them. I hope you get to see them again in 2012 when they tour again! :)
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • edited December 2011
    1. Favorite solo artist - John Mayer, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen

2. Favorite group - Beatles, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Cobra Starship, My Chemical Romance, We The Kings, the Cab, Maroon 5, Walk the Moon, Hey Monday, All Time Low, The Academy Is..., the Maine, the Ramones, ACDC...I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few.

3. Favorite genre - pop rock, punk rock, punk, classic rock

4. Favorite concert you attended - Panic at the Disco/Walk the Moon; Cobra Starship/Forever the Sickest Kids; The Academy Is.../We the Kings; There For Tomorrow/VersaEmerge/the Cab/the Maine/We the Kings; the Maine/Mayday Parade/All Time Low; the Maine/Metro Station/Good Charlotte/Boys Like Girls.

5. Concert you'd love to see - I'm seeing it in May, and that's My Chemical Romance!!! Also I'd give anything to see the Beatles at Shea Stadium or be at Woodstock.

6. First concert you ever went to - Meat Loaf and Cyndi Lauper, 2003

7. Song involving where you live - "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen. It's about New Jersey.

8. Guilty pleasure artist - Kesha and Lady Gaga

9. SO's guilty pleasure artist - Lady Gaga

10. Have you met any music artist? - During my internship, I met Edwin McCain, quite a few American Idol alum, the R&B group JLS, Janelle Monae, a bunch of indie bands, Lifehouse, Train, Meat Loaf, One Republic and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. Outside of that, I met the members of the Cab, a few of the dudes from Cobra Starship and almost every member of the Maine.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards