Texas-Houston

Color help

ok so as of now my wedding colors are navy blue, tiffany's blue, maybe a couple diifernt shades of blue, white and silver. Now that I'm actually getting to pick out the details of everything, I'm finding lighter blue (tiffany's) hard to work with b/c I feel like if I over do it, i t will look too "babyshowerish" and if I don't do enough of it, the few daitals I do have it in will just look out of place(if that makes sence). So now i am starting to lean a little bit more towards pink and navy blue. Also this new color combo will give me more play room w/flower colors, i would now be able to use pink and white flowers as opposed to with the original color palette, where I would only use white flowers (i don't like blue flowers). So what do you guys think should I stick with the blues, or change to pink and blue.

Re: Color help

• sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Esme...Have you considered throwing in an apple green into the mix?  Varying shades of blues (for linens, maybe girls dresses) and use green and pink as accents with your flowers.  The whole pink & blue will fall into the same "baby shower" feel, unless you go with tiffany blue and bright hot pink.

Varying shades of blues, varying shades of pinks and then an apple green would look absolutely gorgeous, IMO!  :)  Can you tell I play with colors all the time?!  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    lol...yes i can tell. Im not really a green person. But i do like your idea of hot pink. How do you thinnk hot pink would look like with navy blue instead of tiffany's blue?
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I like the navy blue and hot pink combo. Very chic. You can use the white flowers as accents to your bouquet or BM's bouquet.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I like the navy and hot pink combo as well. I think you could even use the tiffany blue as an accent color on your stationary if you wanted to use it still.
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Navy blue and hot pink would look wonderful.  You could still use varying shades of your pinks.  I just think it flows nicer and not be so "monochromatic".  I find brides become too obsessed with making sure all shades of a certain color match everything.  You will drive yourself nuts!  You can focus more on hot pinks, but incorporate some medium or light pinks.
  • FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Esme- I did navy and light pink as my colors.  And (I may be biased :P) but I think everything turned out wonderful!  My BM's wore navy blue dresses with light pink bouquets.  My centerpieces were pink and white flowers with navy ribbon.  I used navy table clothes with light pink chair covers.  Almost everything was navy and pink!  Let me know if you need some help and ideas. 
  • edited December 2011
    i agree with sweet pea, i threw in the apple green which consisted mostly of all my flowers being green and then some green ribbon here and there on certain items.
  • lmmckenna18lmmckenna18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just came across this. It's a lighter blue with hot pink
     http://tinyurl.com/ygkq3al
  • edited December 2011
    Soontobedangs wedding were navy&pink. And her wedding was awesome. See if she could share some pictures for you. I love how chic the color combo looks!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    There was another navy and pink wedding...she did everything her self and was a teacher....who was that again her sn has totally slipped my mind.
  • ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there was someone that did the navy and hot pink on the diy boards.  she made a lot of her stuff and it looked totally great!! I found this pic a while ago...
    I love the hot pink and navy together as others have said very chic but still classy.
  • ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    click to make larger.....
  • ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Esme...wow...we are right on the same wave length with our colors.....I was going with a pool blue/ Tiffany's with white and silver.  Then when we tried on bridesmaids dresses I found a pattern that I adored that was Horizon blue, sky blue, and apple green.  Thank God I found those dresses...the combination of blues and touches of light green have been so easy to work with.  I also at one point considered doing a coral pink but i am glad I didn't.  It is so much easier just knowing that any shade of blue will go....it opens a lot of possibilities but I am sticking with the royal/ sky blue pallettes.  For my flowers what I am doing is using white roses and I am spraying the baby's breath sky blue (I saw it on my fair wedding) then I am using a royal blue ribbon.  My flower girls are carrying the flower balls with the apple green poms and royal blue ribbon.  In case you want to see the bridesmaids dresses to get an idea:
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that's right... AdorableBridezilla... she did an awesome navy & pink wedding also. Both FutureMsDang & AdorableBridezilla used Pink Posh as their photographer. Maybe you can try and search the photographer blog & find their pictures. I think you'd be really happy with this color combo. I especially think your venue would perfect w. this little bit preppy but oh-so-chic color combo!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards