Not Engaged Yet

Three Random Facts.

Tell me three random things about you!

My three:
1. My name was supposed to be Vincent if I was a boy.
2. I have four sets of grandparents. (8 total)
3. I grew up with my cousin who was 8 days older then me. They dressed us like twins. We are still just as close now.

AND GO!
friends tv show funy

Re: Three Random Facts.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    1) I have an obsession with handbags.

2) My left foot is a size 7.5 & my right foot is a size 7.

3) I have 1 half brother, 1 half sister, 1 step brother, 2 step sisters, 1 ex-step brother who is also now my step brother in law, & 2 ex step sisters. 

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I have huge feet.  Size 10/11
    2) I was an Apple snob before it was cool (Until FBD and I bought this computer 3 months ago I'd never owned anything other than a Mac.  We have an original 1986 Macintosh in my basement.  Take that, trendy kids!)
    3) I can't eat spicy foods.  Like anything.  They make me hella sick

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. I can recite, from memory, the first several pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (Does that honestly surprise anyone?) 2. I have had asthma since birth, but I wasn't diagnosed until age 3. 3. I minored in Spanish in college, and ended up only one course shy of a dual degree.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. Sweeteners and sugar substitutes offend me for no good reason.
    2. I love rainbows. More so the arrangement of colors than the natural phenomenon.
    3. Sometimes I talk really fast in order to get out what I have to say before anyone can get bored with listening to me... Effective method? not so much.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:d0ddfa81-5d39-45fe-9ed6-940738667372">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I can recite, from memory, the first several pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (<strong>Does that honestly surprise anyone</strong>?) 2. I have had asthma since birth, but I wasn't diagnosed until age 3. 3. I minored in Spanish in college, and ended up only one course shy of a dual degree.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Nope.
    friends tv show funy
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    1) I still have my childhood Binky stored in the closet of my old bedroom at my parents.
    2) Can sit and deshell and eat a pound of pumpkin seeds in one sitting.  Man am I thirsty afterwards.
    3) I cried when Jesus died and visited Lafayette in Trueblood.  I'm a wuss with sad film moments.
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:d0ddfa81-5d39-45fe-9ed6-940738667372">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. <strong>I can recite, from memory, the first several pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (Does that honestly surprise anyone?)</strong> 2. I have had asthma since birth, but I wasn't diagnosed until age 3. 3. I minored in Spanish in college, and ended up only one course shy of a dual degree.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Psh, hellz no
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm so broke right now, but I have found a job I truly enjoy. And it has nothing to do with the three fields I've previously studied (Political Science, German, and Meetings & Event Management).

2. I think Jared Padalecki is super hot.

3. I just ordered a neon pink vacuum cleaner.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:1fa5e0c8-1aaf-4a7b-9633-42ffbb5b10c5">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I'm so broke right now, but I have found a job I truly enjoy. And it has nothing to do with the three fields I've previously studied (Political Science, German, and Meetings & Event Management). 2. I think Jared Padalecki is super hot. 3. <strong>I just ordered a neon pink vacuum cleaner</strong>.
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]

That is awesome! PIP or it didn't happen!
    friends tv show funy
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:af4bf252-b2e4-4ddc-98bd-9de96b0c6321">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three Random Facts. : Nope.
    Posted by cdechristopher[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I didn't think so.
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:e6d7a156-6e49-4282-9c68-ff996554125e">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2) I was an Apple snob before it was cool (Until FBD and I bought this computer 3 months ago I'd never owned anything other than a Mac.  We have an original 1986 Macintosh in my basement.  Take that, trendy kids!) Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Me too! My parents bought the first Macintosh in 1984. We've just always had Apple products.

1. I studied East Asian studies for three years of my college career. My foci in the major were North Korean history and Japanese language.

2. My boyfriend and I met protesting against Scientology. I was protesting because of both their human rights abuses and practicing medicine without licenses and he was protesting because of their human rights abuses and how they attack journalists.

3. Our dog Zoe is mentally challenged. My family rescued her when she was a puppy. She had been born to a breeder but she did not meet show quality because of the pattern on her coat, so she was not vaccinated or dewormed. She got very sick with kennel cough, conjunctivitis and worms -- our vet thought she had distemper. She had horrible, raging fevers and has brain damage because of how high her fevers got when she was ill. Because of this, she's kind of a handful, but we love her anyway.

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:135bd0e1-1901-46eb-a669-628a86e5fdf5">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three Random Facts. : That is awesome! PIP or it didn't happen!
    Posted by cdechristopher[/QUOTE]

Here's the link. I couldn't find any decently sized photos.

<a href="http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-EasyVac-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum-Navy-23T7-F/16647990" rel="nofollow">http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-EasyVac-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum-Navy-23T7-F/16647990</a>
  • duckymonkeyduckymonkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I've never broken a bone....

2. I have a huge crush on Ryan Gosling <3

3. About 3 years ago, I bought tickets to a concert completely on impulse; came out to close to $700 for 3 tickets. The concert was by my favorite singer. The concert was in Paris, France! :o  Once I snapped out of whatever overtook me, I realized now I had to plan (and save for :S) a trip to Paris for the following year. In the end, the Paris trip turned into a mini European trip that I shared with my family.... with the concert being the cherry on top! ;)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:d2ef51b5-6dfb-49b5-b2e6-4edce89ed278">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three Random Facts. : Here's the link. I couldn't find any decently sized photos. <a href="http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-EasyVac-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum-Navy-23T7-F/16647990" rel="nofollow">http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-EasyVac-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum-Navy-23T7-F/16647990</a>
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]

That is awesome. I'm jealous.
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    1. I started going grey at 17

2. I was proposed to at 16 by my first boyfriend and I said, maybe someday :) BF will be my 3rd proposal lol

3. I have an unusual amount of freckles for someone with such dark skin. Quite a few on my face and random ones  all over my body.

This is after I put on makeup lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1.) I can sing higher than the highest note in this aria (at around 0:50, and again at 1:10)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss

2.) My sister is 8 years older than I am, and no, I wasn't an accident. When my aunt had my cousin, my mom got all nostalgic and decided she wanted another baby.

3.) When I was a kid, I was allergic to chocolate. Thankfully as I got older I grew out of it! When I would try it (my sister used to give it to me, and sometimes friends who didn't believe me) I thought even milk chocolate tasted so bitter. It wasn't a serious reaction, nothing anaphylactic, just bathroom stuff and vomiting.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
    edited December 2011
    1) I can sign. Unfortunately, not fluently anymore because I have no one to talk to
    2) I can type over 80+ words a minute - with my full set of nails :)
    3) I've had my feet stepped on by calfs and they didn't bdo any permanent damage
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    1.  When I grow up, I want to be a math teacher.  Since I'm currently a bio/chem teacher, this isn't a HUGE surprise, but I really want to teach math.  It kills me these adults I'm teaching can't solve 2x + 7 = 3 without hyperventilating.  Plus, I really like math.  It's so super fun.  And I'm a total nerd.

2.  I just emailed my old music teacher from middle school.  I started clarinet with him then went on to flute and baritone horn and trumpet and dabbled in keyboard.  Then I switched to French horn in high school.  I still play flute, French horn, and keyboard regularly.  And I used to play clarinet and flute at church.  I kinda wish I still did, because it was super fun.

3.  My ear canals never leveled out when I went through puberty, so I literally get ear infections anytime I don't dry out my ears after a shower.  Needless to say, I was convinced I was getting an ear infection from diving...but I didn't!  BF has water stuck behind his eardrum though, not cool.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:85dfb02f-e2ea-4e56-a769-f7f477f2d6a2">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:<strong>
    [QUOTE]1) I can sign. Unfortunately, not fluently anymore because I have no one to talk to </strong>2) I can type over 80+ words a minute - with my full set of nails :) 3) I've had my feet stepped on by calfs and they didn't bdo any permanent damage
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Me too!! I took 4 years of it and love sign. Wish I had a sign buddy!!

1. I've been engaged for almost 3 years.
    2. My butt is ticklish and is the only ticklish part of my body.
    3. I really can touch my nose with my tongue.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:9e837690-cf7a-4e95-afe2-f5473a7252d7">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three Random Facts. : <strong>Me too!! I took 4 years of it and love sign</strong>. Wish I had a sign buddy!! 1. I've been engaged for almost 3 years. 2. My butt is ticklish and is the only ticklish part of my body. 3. I really can touch my nose with my tongue.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

No friggin' way!! :) That's awesome!! Grrr... now I really need to find a way to come see you and Marley!! *ponders* hmmmm.... I shall have to work on this...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:8230f2ca-bffc-4a27-8b3b-bee58e73c1b7">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  When I grow up, I want to be a math teacher.  Since I'm currently a bio/chem teacher, this isn't a HUGE surprise, but I really want to teach math.  It kills me these adults I'm teaching can't solve <strong>2x + 7 = 3</strong> without hyperventilating.  Plus, I really like math.  It's so super fun.  And I'm a total nerd. 2.  I just emailed my old music teacher from middle school.  I started clarinet with him then went on to flute and baritone horn and trumpet and dabbled in keyboard.  Then I switched to French horn in high school.  I still play flute, French horn, and keyboard regularly.  And I used to play clarinet and flute at church.  I kinda wish I still did, because it was super fun. 3.  My ear canals never leveled out when I went through puberty, so I literally get ear infections anytime I don't dry out my ears after a shower.  Needless to say, I was convinced I was getting an ear infection from diving...but I didn't!  BF has water stuck behind his eardrum though, not cool.
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

X= -2 lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. Last year I participated in NaNoWriMo and won (52K, hell yeah)!

2. I know every line of dialogue and every song from the movie "Dreamgirls"

3. I am a strict lefty but when I was in kindergarten my teacher complained to my parents that I wouldn't hold the pencil in my right hand. They did not understand why this was such a big deal and told her to leave me alone.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    rdr - I am completely confused by your #3... that is some crazy confusing family action!

Sop - Do you have any youtube videos of you singing? I'd love to see one!

Blue & White - I <3 math (I have a math degree). I figured out that 2x+7=3 means x=-2. It made me happy to solve the equation. Lord help me ;)

1) When I whistle, I whistle by inhaling instead of blowing air out.
    2) I bit my nails until I was 35 years old (ok, I still have relapses, but not nearly as bad as I used to be).
    3) Before I got my new project, I would only work about 1 hour per day. Now I'm busy all day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I was asked to prom by someone's mother after I graduated high school- I went with her son to prom, despite the fact that I had a boyfriend (BF was okay with it) and I was 19.

2. I started talking to people on the internet when I was 13 (in a Sailor Moon chatroom)- one of the people I talked to online flew out from Texas to meet me when I was 20.

3. I've broken my arm twice. :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    1. Once I bought a mandolin as an impulse purchase. I taught myself a little bit and could play a few songs, but don't remember any of it now. However, I refuse to get rid of it. I still love it and hope to take real lessons one day.

2. I hate eggs.

3. My new last name will be the same as a Hogwarts professor (spelled differently, but pronounced the same). People constantly point it out to FI, which he hates, but I think it's awesome :)
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bside - Lefty shoutout! :)

1) I am for some reason immune to laughing gas. Yes I found this out the hard way. :(

2) My FI and I both adopted cats from the same rescue, years before we ever met each other.

3) I couldn't care less about the brand name of whatever else I'm wearing, but I absolutely LOVE designer eyeglasses.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:a327107b-1081-4f86-8c79-bf0dd64c5e2b">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bside - Lefty shoutout! :) 1) I am for some reason immune to laughing gas. Yes I found this out the hard way. :( 2) My FI and I both adopted cats from the same rescue, years before we ever met each other. 3)<strong> I couldn't care less</strong> about the brand name of whatever else I'm wearing, but I absolutely LOVE designer eyeglasses.
    Posted by pockysquirrel[/QUOTE]

I want to give you a big hug right now. English language win!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    CCO - GREAT JOB! :)

Tiger - you also solved the problem correctly, hooray!

Yea, I really should just be a math teacher.  I'm getting around to it one of these days (Praxis, here I come!)

AND AnneR - I think it's really cool you're going to be Mrs McGonagal or Mrs Snape or Mrs Dumbledore or Mrs Moody....even if it's spelt different :)  (I'm sure I missed a few)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:5a4a64ab-e87b-4a18-b5c3-5d73820a8a49">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three Random Facts. : I want to give you a big hug right now. English language win!
    Posted by AnneR15[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, thanks! I often tend to be a nerd about things like grammar and usage, but generally other people don't notice. :)
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_three-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:62a30c81-7b9c-4e83-9489-debf5292e9f5Post:116aa649-a757-4cdc-abcc-4e2248cd733b">Re: Three Random Facts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Once I bought a mandolin as an impulse purchase. I taught myself a little bit and could play a few songs, but don't remember any of it now. However, I refuse to get rid of it. I still love it and hope to take real lessons one day. 2. I hate eggs. 3. My new last name will be the same as a Hogwarts professor (spelled differently, but pronounced the same). People constantly point it out to FI, which he hates, but I think it's awesome :)
    Posted by AnneR15[/QUOTE]

I'm taking a guess. Is your FI's last name McGonigle?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards