Hawaii

Wedding Budget Question

Hey Everyone!

We just got engaged and are starting to plan and research for our Maui wedding!  We are trying to stick to a modest budget (10-12K total) and I wanted to get some feedback if this is a realistic number for getting married in Maui, that number wont include flights or accomodations, just wedding expenses.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Take Care,

Robin

Re: Wedding Budget Question

• cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Robin,

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board!!

Our Wedding in Maui is very simple and doesn't inlcude a reception - just beach permit for about 20 people, day of coordination, florals, license, photographer with full print right disk and some prints all for around $1000..... I would think your budget is totally doable. Some of the other ladies here have had full package with reception and other hosted activities who can probably give you a bigger ballpark if you are looking for somewhere to do the ceremony as well as formal reception (we're saving our reception for when we return home)
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How many people are in your party and what kind of ceremony and reception are you envisioning?

I think that your budget is doable;  it just depends on what you are looking for...
  • edited December 2011
    POST HIJACK

I would love to add sample Knottie budgets to the Maui wedding planning site.  I won't put your name or specific vendors up--just basics like florals = $500; catering = $3000.....etc.  It's a common question we all dealt with when planning, so imagine how helpful it could be. 

You can email me at brittana at ak dot net or submit it on the planning website.  

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE the idea Brittana. That's awesome!

It definitely depends on guest count, but 10-12k sounds reasonable!
  • edited December 2011
    We are estimating 30 - 50 guests but I'm thinking I'm going to send out rsvp's asap to get an idea of who is plannning to come ... Definitely been doing lots of research to check prices and venues and photographers etc! Hopefully we can make our budget work! Thanks for your replies ... Probably more questions to come ;)
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think you can get it done within that!  Especially if it's not including flights or accommodations!  I'm expecting to do that including flights, accommodations, and anything else included in the vaca portion for my intermediate family!  Granted, I'm having my big reception back home...so wedding and reception in Maui will about 5 grand total and I think it will totally end up being under that.

Just keep researching and looking at deals.  I got my own deals made for me there and back home too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards