Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

NYC Themed late night snack

We're talking about adding a late night snack and I'm thinking of doing something with a NYC theme. 

My first thought is a "Hot Dog Cart" hot dogs & fixings, potato knishes and hot pretzels. 

Other ideas are: 
New York style pizza  
or 
Bagels and toppings  
or
Black & white cookies with egg creams

Any other ideas? 
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NYC Themed late night snack

• One of the carts with all the different kinds of roasted nuts?  I really like the knish idea, though.  You could even get several different flavors and just have knishes. 
  • I love the idea of bagels (the "good" bagels)  =)  

And I love the idea of NY style slices of pizza.   Pizza would probably hit the spot more late night, but both sound awesome. 
  • Personally, I'm a huge fan of black-and-white cookies, but I can see savory going over better than sweet as a late snack. Hot dogs hit the spot late at night!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • When I think NYC + food, the first thing I think of is Lombardi's so I'd go with pizza.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I think hot pretzels, pizza and/or hot dogs would be great.  The black and white cookies would go over well or you could have those as a take home favor.

I love bagels and knishes but I think of them as more breakfast/brunch. I'm not sure that they would get as good a reception as a late night snack but I think knishes would do better than bagels late night.

How about NYC style cheesecake or cheesecake pops, or fresh, warm donuts/zeppoli (fried dough).  I would love a warm glazed donut late night at a wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cheesecake - unless that's part of your dessert table.

I'd go with pizza, personally.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I like the hot dog cart because it has choices. So I can get a pretzel while someone else get's a knish. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards