Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Do you have a song?

Do you and your FI have a song that is special to you? Or a song that is "Your" song?

Don't know if this has been done or not yet, but I was just curious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you have a song?

• bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pictures Of You by The Cure and Dirty Little Secret by The All-American Rejects

haha
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

hmmm...no...not really....

We have a lot of music that we both really like but nothing that makes us say "oh thats "our" song" haha

• edited December 2011
    FI says "Hey Jude" is his song for me, but I don't really have a song for him nor do WE have a song...
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    No, but now I have Dirty Little Secret stuck in my head.

Gahh. :)
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    The song we had our first dance too is our song.  "Johnny and June" by Heidi Newfield.  We both love the song and have it as our ringtones for each other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Anything sung by Keith Urban that we hear we have an 'aww' moment since we saw him live at HOB early in our relationship...many of his songs are slow and kinda sexy IMO. We give eachother that 'look'. 
    Sappy, barf. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, Wrapped For You by Zack Walther. It's Texas Country. Same song we had as our first dance. 
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9adba7ff-5c44-4afd-9396-dd38a7c4634ePost:46421283-61ed-4d44-b7fd-bc5321d55bc2">Re: Do you have a song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not so much /our/ song, but the camp we went to and then worked at (and started dating at) has had "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls as the last song at the camp dance since 1999, and the campers started this big tradition of the oldest kids all gathering into a giant circle and swaying together.  FI and I had thought about having that as our first dance song, but I mentioned that I'd want everyone joining in with us, so we're going to have it as the last song at our reception. We both really like "Would You Go With Me" by Josh Turner and "Trains" by Seven Nations.
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

My DH and I met at summer camp too! We also  have the same tradition of the same last song for years and the whole camp gets in a circle and sways back and forth. The song we played is Better Than Ezra's "This Time of Year". We thought about having it as "our" song, but for the same reasons as you changed it to our last song.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably "Stay Forever" by Ween.  Ben loves Ween and I surprised him with it for our last dance.
  • edited December 2011
    We do have a song - it's just a song that was on the radio all.the.time when we first started dating, and we both liked the tune so we'd sing along to it together. It was sort of a joke that it was "our song" -- because it's a hip-hop song by T.I. and not romantic or our usual taste in music at all -- but it stuck.

So, we won't be using it for our first dance, but I have asked our DJ to surprise us by playing it at some point in the evening.
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes ours is Nothing Else Matters by Metallica (my FI's fav band). I know, kinda strange but it was all based on dreams I had early in our relationship. The first dream we were seeing them in concert and this song played and he put his arms around me. Second dream was exactly the same except I was pregnant. So after that we just figured it was a sign and deemed it our song. lol Weird I know.
  • edited December 2011

"Wrapped" by Brad Paisley reminds me of him so much....specially the first couple of lines. In college, he would always stay at my house real late then leave. He didn't like it at all. :(

His song reminds him of me is "Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd, which will be the song we will have our first dance to. We also love anything by George Strait (country fans here if you haven't noticed!)

• dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As my FI is a music junkie (as most musicians are) and I tend to tie music/songs to specific moments/memories/eras of my life... we seem to have almost a list! LOL!

Our main one: The Longest Time - Billy Joel

Others on the "special" list:
    Take On Me - A-ha
    Bucket Seat - Cake
    This Guy's in Love With You - Faith No More
    I Want You - The Offspring
    ...and yes, there are probably more...
  • davidaskedmedavidaskedme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is "Lucky" by Jason Mraz, because we were long distance for the first year of our relationship and also because it was the first song we ever danced to (at some one else's wedding)
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9adba7ff-5c44-4afd-9396-dd38a7c4634ePost:0f38aee2-1fc0-43d1-ac3c-eb8ac5abb0f1">Re: Do you have a song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours is "Lucky" by Jason MrazPosted by davidaskedme[/QUOTE]

LOVE! I almost like the Glee version better TBH!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9adba7ff-5c44-4afd-9396-dd38a7c4634ePost:3a11e6dc-dab2-48db-b9b2-b0bf2d5d4f93">Re: Do you have a song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As my FI is a music junkie (as most musicians are) and I tend to tie music/songs to specific moments/memories/eras of my life... we seem to have almost a list! LOL! <strong>Our main one: The Longest Time - Billy Joel</strong> Others on the "special" list: Take On Me - A-ha Bucket Seat - Cake This Guy's in Love With You - Faith No More I Want You - The Offspring ...and yes, there are probably more...
    Posted by dianaslik[/QUOTE]

Holy same person.  I never thought that someone else would have that song for "theirs" but that's ours too.  :)  My FI is a HUGE Billy Joel fan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards