Registry and Gift Forum

Bridesmaids Gifts?

Hi girls! Does anyone have any suggestions for bridesmaids gifts? and is there a typical amount i should be spending? I don't want to be cheap but i also don't want to break the bank. I have 6 girls and 2 flower girls. It could get pricey fast. What do you girls think??

Re: Bridesmaids Gifts?

• Ditto MNIN 100%.  We did personal gifts and then also got them photo albums where the first picture was a picture of them plus one or both of us.  So like the picture I put in my MOH's was a picture of her and me when we were goofing around at some RV store.  Something fun and NWR. 

Over all I think we spent thirty on each gift, but our budget was small.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Don't worry about being matchy matchy,  And I agree with thinking outside the "typical" gift ideas (ie.  monogramed tote bags and jewlery sets).  Get them sometihng that says you actually know them, and know what they would want.  Maybe themed gift baskets? Wine of the month clubs? Concert tickets?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto MyNameisNot.. you don't have to buy "matchy-matchy" gifts for all your girls. I only did one "matchy gift" for my girls which were wine glasses with vinyl initials and dots on them in my wedding colors. I only did this because I know all the girls love wine and we had our first bridesmaid get-together at a local vineyard and did a tasting so it was more for the memories of our time together too. I ordered the letters and dots from an Etsy seller (info in bio).

I'm not sure what else I'll be giving the girls yet, but I know for my MOH, I've been putting together a scrapbook of pictures of us over the years and all our memories as best friends.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bridesmaids-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:723c65aa-bd6c-4fd1-9782-1b1d10adf52bPost:c5724cd0-75ca-4f6e-8886-dc22087fdc98">Re: Bridesmaids Gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For great bridesmaid gifts take a look at: <a href="http://www.squidoo.com/WeddingBridesmaidGifts" rel="nofollow">http://www.squidoo.com/WeddingBridesmaidGifts</a>
    Posted by xayuk[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the type of generic overpriced "wedding" junk that ends up in the trash. 
  • I agree with getting gifts for their personalities as opposed to bridesmaid stuff.  I've been in a few weddings and the personalized stuff for me, as opposed to just "wedding" stuff lasts much longer and makes a better gift, 

• If they're young, wedding stuff is cute.

If they're older, please don't do that.
  • Yes, when young wedding stuff is cute. Thanks for clarifying! My flower girls have been looking forward to this for as long as I have. For my MOHs (sisters), the gifts will be personal and non-wedding related.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love those wine glasses. We are big wine drinkers and for my bachelorette party we are taking a limo to different vineyards for tastings. So that is a cute side gift. I still need something really good though. That website you posted "Xayuk" is the typical bridesmaid gift i am trying to stay away from, but thank you for the suggestion.

I'm hoping I will be out shopping and something will just pop out at me and remind me of one of my girls! Keep the suggestions coming though, i love it! Thanks girls!!
  • Hehe!!  I think the  bride barbie is such a cute idea!!  lol, I might steal that for my flower girls as well! (they're 2 and 3).  For my flower girls I got them a really pretty shell pendant that is partially trimmed w/ gold on a gold chain.  Super pretty and cute.  (We're having a beach wedding). 
    BM gifts is a little harder.  For my MOH (my sister)  I  will be getting her a piece of jewlery from Mignon Faget...She was displaced bc of Hurricane Katrina and loves all things Nawlins.
    I'm still figuring out the rest of the bridal party but am tyring to get them gifts that are very "them".

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards