Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

back from honeymoon -- vendor reviews

Hi all - I know I'm a bit quiet around here but I figured some reviews might help some folks out:

Venue - Tyler Arboretum/Jeffrey Miller Catering
A
With the caveat that we had an outdoor wedding on the hottest day of the year (7/24) - everything was great.  It was hot -- like crazy-crazy hot but everything was absolutely beautiful.  People are still commenting to us about the food.  All of the service folks were really great and easy to work with.  The venue was absolutely beautiful.  The only complaint was that given the heat, the AC in the barn struggled to keep up with the heat.

Day of Coordinator - Erin Proud/Proud to Plan
A+++
I can not say enough wonderful things about Erin.  Other than my photographer, she was the best decision I made in terms of vendors for our wedding.  She made everything so easy, I didn't have to worry about a thing - we always had a drink in our hands, we always were taken care of and everything ran like a top.  Erin is simply amazing.  We also had Erin's husband  do our table assignment poster and it was just beautiful

Photographer - Andrea Hughes/Blueberry Button Photography
A++++++
In the spirit of full disclosure, Andrea is a friend of mine but I hired her because I love her work. She actually lives in Western Michigan but even with her travel expenses she cost less than local photographers (and she didn't cut me any breaks) - she thought of details and things to photograph that I would never have imagined.  She had a 2nd shooter (Kenya Gibson - who has already blogged our wedding) and the 2 of them rocked our wedding.  They were amazing, so easy to work with etc.  I was looking at a friend's photos of our wedding and see where Andrea and Kenya were during the ceremony - I never even noticed them!  

DJ - Silver Sounds - Mike Mandato
A
Mike did a fabulous job -- sadly, a lot of people didn't dance because it was just so damn hot but he played great music and I couldn't have been more pleased.

B
 I loved how our invitations and all of the paper from our wedding turned out.  Sandy was really accommodating and had great suggestions, that being said she was really disorganized and we didn't get all of our wedding day paper stuff until the Wednesday before the wedding.  It was a bit stressful but I did love her work.  I would recommend her BUT I would give a lot of lead time for stuff you need.

Dress - David's Bridal
A
I went to the store in Conshohocken and had a fine experience -- nothing extraordinary but I loved my dress and I loved the alterations and there was little stress involved.

Honeymoon - Ireland
A++++++
We had a fantastic honeymoon.  We stayed in Dublin for 2 nights and then did B&Bs with vouchers through a company called Celtic Tours - it was all really easy to put together and we had a great time.  Our last night was spent at Dromoland Castle which was without a doubt the most amazing place I have ever stayed.

Re: back from honeymoon -- vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards