Not Engaged Yet
Options

New here...hi!

Just thought I would say hi. Im in that 'waiting" phase with the SO and heard that TK is a pretty good community for the prewedding phase. Figured I would introduce myself

Screen Name: iwantcake
Significant Other's Age: 37
What You Do: production for a popular clothing store
What SO Does: PE teacher
State of Relationship: Not yet engaged or living together, but talking about the future. Moving in together next year
How Long You've Been Together: Two years in Feb
How You Met: At the gym!!
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Who knows!!
Real Babies: 0
Fur Babies: Two very sweet lil cats
Loves: Fashion, Downton Abby, the Steelers, hanging out with honey :)
Hates: Snakes, sharks and people that dont thank you when you hold a door open for them
Pet Peeves: People that wear socks with sandals
Hobbies/Activities: Reading, shopping
Favorite Thing About Your SO: Makes me feel special!!
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: HE IS A SLOB!!!!
Describe Your Personality: Pretty easy going, but can definetely get worked up in no time flat.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Just quit another board that bans for snark so always tried to reel myself in. I give myself a 3
I've Been On TK Since: TODAY!!
How You Came to Be On TK: Heard great thngs about the community so thought would give it a go.
How I like my potatoes: Sweet

Favorite book/author: To Kill a Mockingbird and Valley of the Dolls.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: After 8 years in the Big Apply had my 1st celeb sighting the other day-- MR BIG!!

Re: New here...hi!

• Options
    Hi! Do you like wine?

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favs also. 

Your celeb sighting is so perfect! I love it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ha ha your celeb sighting is perfect!  Welcome too!

Do you have a favorite dessert?

Favorite alcoholic drink?

ETA- I played Mayella in a staged version of To Kill A Mockingbird 3 years ago.  It was definitely interesting and a great role.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:4fbd59de-de83-4412-9e22-f87a9cb94f7e">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]ha ha your celeb sighting is perfect!  Welcome too! Do you have a favorite dessert? Favorite alcoholic drink? ETA- I played Mayella in a staged version of To Kill A Mockingbird 3 years ago.  It was definitely interesting and a great role.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Favorite Alcoholic drink- hmmmm....too many to choose from. Love a good beer, especially pumpkin beer. But I would never pass us a salty margarita or nice white wine

As for dessert but thoughts are so many desserts so little time. A good cupcake or brownie would be perfect now, but I just started weight watchers so no brownie OR wine tonight :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:de0fac4b-0159-45a9-a1be-87378a659a78">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hi! : Favorite Alcoholic drink- hmmmm....too many to choose from. Love a good beer, especially pumpkin beer. But I would never pass us a salty margarita or nice white wine As for dessert but thoughts are so many desserts so little time. A good cupcake or brownie would be perfect now, but I just started weight watchers so no brownie OR wine tonight :(
    Posted by iwantcake[/QUOTE]

PS- maybe thats why I have the screenname I do....I was probably thinking about how much I could go for some cake when I signed up :)
  • Options
    I will never say no to a piece of cake ever.... it's one of my biggest weakness. Favorite kind of cake?

Anniversary

• Options
    Cake is a big go here.  

Welcome

What is your favorite song right now? And why?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    We can't be friends.  You hate sharks.

I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:251aaa7e-1cba-4d39-b135-364d99d5ee67">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We can't be friends.  You hate sharks.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

HAHA....I should clarify...Im scared shitless of sharks!! Even more so after watching Jaws last weekend :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:850082df-c657-4fef-a585-fbd3b28afe8b">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cake is a big go here.   Welcome What is your favorite song right now? And why?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I dont really listen to new music....Ipod filled with older hip hop and 80s. Dont really have a fav song, but of all the "newer" songer I really like Goyte Somebody I Used to Know. SO and I will belt that everytime it comes on in the car !
  • Options
    Welcome the the board, I'm new here too!  Very cool celebrity sighting.  I'm in NYC all the time and I never have seen a celebrity (yet).  I hate snakes as well!

Do you like to travel?  Any interesting hobbies?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:7aa0ead5-35c9-433f-bd01-88cfc7397d22">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hi! : HAHA....I should clarify...Im scared shitless of sharks!! Even more so after watching Jaws last weekend :(
    Posted by iwantcake[/QUOTE]

<div>You're more likely to die from ants than from a shark attack.  Also, Jaws is the single cheesiest horror movie ever.  Outdone only by the ridiculousness of its sequels.</div><div>
    </div><div>This is coming from a girl who has never been bitten by a shark, has had her hands all up in their mouths, and actually did have her period in a shark tank.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    "Hey you in the shark socks! Get outta here!"

Welcome, Cake. Favorite animal and why? And yes, it can be a fantasy animal like Unicorns. (extra points if it's unicorns)
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:3ee551ac-2cb4-49d8-a5f8-7b77fef06e85">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Hey you in the shark socks! Get outta here!" Welcome, Cake. Favorite animal and why? And yes, it can be a fantasy animal like Unicorns. (extra points if it's unicorns)
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

<div>You don't get to say that unless you shite in a trash can first.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:5633edb0-393b-4698-b4c4-03c0478c27f0">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hi! : You don't get to say that unless you shite in a trash can first.

I may or may not have thought about shitting in the woods on Friday night. Wouldn't be the first time...
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    test test ticker test

• Options
    Hello to you!  I guess I thought I had posted earlier, but obviously just read, thought out a response, then ADD'd it over to make my own post.  Sorry!  Stoopid brain...  :p

Anyway, what's your favorite thing to do to relax?  Fave music picks at the moment?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:b5a17181-af23-4e5f-9fa3-4cb34e10145d">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]test test ticker test

<div>Remind me to teach you HTML formatting at a later date.</div><div>
    </div><div>In other news, ERMAHGERD ALCHERHORL!!!!!!!!</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:99d50479-c71e-4086-9c02-f8932710dc70">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hi! : Remind me to teach you HTML formatting at a later date. In other news, ERMAHGERD ALCHERHORL!!!!!!!!

But, it worked didn't it?

I don't know that ermahgerd spellings, but...ALCOHOLPOISONING! I really hope I don't pee my pants.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-herehi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3db0669-6ce7-433f-863e-49ba94c8e26ePost:b44edc50-a799-446c-8ee4-d86db615381b">Re: New here...hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hi! : But, it worked didn't it? I don't know that ermahgerd spellings, but...ALCOHOLPOISONING! I really hope I don't pee my pants.

<div>Yes, it worked.  But the spacing/centering is throwing me way off.</div>
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards