Wedding Etiquette Forum

Just FYI.

124»

Re: Just FYI.

• Oh Whit, I am so sorry about this. Hugs and lots of good wishes to you xoxo
  • wait, did i read that right? his mom came into your place screaming at you, and then threatened to call the cops on you in your own home? what ever for??
  • Oh, Whit, I'm so sorry about all of this.  Stay strong!  Hugs to you.
  • Whit, this might sound bad, but be glad you're leaving now before you reproduced with this guy and perpetuated the awful string of bad genes!
  • good point. now you don't have to deal with his spawn for the rest of your life. that's one helluva dodged bullet!
  • Whit, I've been lurking on this thread since it started - work is crazy so this is my first chance to write. ***HUUUUGE HUGS*** I'm so sorry you're going through this, but so glad that you're taking control and saying Enough Is Enough. Good for you, girl!
  • Megan,

I am so, so sorry. I am proud of you for staying in as long as you have in attempt to hold up your end of the vows. It's not fair that he hasn't held up his end. My thoughts and prayers are with you,

<3
  • Whit,  having been in a similar situation myself, I'm proud of you for realizing that this is not a healthy relationship for you.  It's never easy coming to the decision to divorce, but you'll be so much happier and healthier in the long run.

Best of luck!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Whit- I'm so sorry you're going through this. You are in my thoughts.

As someone who's been there you are making the right decision, and it will be hard. But we know you are a strong woman, and you'll come through just fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Whit, I'm soooo sorry this is happening, but it sounds like it's going to be for the better.  You don't want to be stuck with that goon and his mother forever if this is how they act.  Remember that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, and you will come out a stronger person because of this.
  • Maaaaaan, f*ck that heiferb*tch.  You are so way too good for him and his Jerry Springer episode of a family.  I'm sorry it's happening, but I'm so proud that you recognized such a problem and did was you needed to do, rather than trying to wait it out.  Some people will never, ever change.  Especially when they're heiferb*tch spawn.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Whit, I know that this is where I go into broken record mode, but if you haven't already considered it, it might be smart to look into individual counseling to support you. I know you're in a tough spot and have shown incredible strength and self-respect already, but I know that it can make a big difference to have somebody unbiased to talk to, especially since leaving is difficult.

I'm so impressed that you decided to stand up against Shane's completely inappropriate and unsupportive actions, and I'm glad that you have your family behind you. Take care, lady.
  • Whit, I'm really sorry you have to deal with this, but you seem like a strong woman and I have no doubt you will be happier. I don't know all the back story, but what I have read, Shane and his mother seem like really special people. Take care of yourself!
    planning

• Goodness, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. (((((HUGS))))

Stay strong and I pray you will get through this.
  • It's always hard to make that call, whether it's divorce or just breaking up. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Nobody deserves to have their partner hurt them! I chose to leave the father of my child because arguments escalated into routine physical abuse. I cannot describe how hard it was to do it, but I am so thankful I did. Had I not, I wouldn't have met my FI, and I guarantee I would not be happy. Hell, I might not even be alive. What I'm trying to say is, yes, this will suck! BUT it will be so much better!!

And follow Missy's advice, definitely bring someone with you when you pack! (I took my dad)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    135 Invitedimage 105 Ready to Partyimage 30 Missing Outimage
    RSVP Deadline: 9.30.10
  • Whit, I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this, but it sounds like you are definitely doing the right thing by standing up for yourself and getting out of a bad situation.  You deserve better!  I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way. 
  • Damn, I almost missed your post!

I'm soo sorry this happened to you!

Megan, you have my email so feel free to use it anytime.
  • I'm a bit late- But Whit, I am sorry to hear this and as others have said, I am happy that you seemed to have made the right choice. It was just a matter of time in getting worse instead of better. I wasn't through the divorce part of just the overall break up- before that I just wanted it to work out so badly. I was trying to "ignore" a lot and I just couldn't no more.
    It is a sore thing to go through but it's better then being miserable for life in a marriage.
    Best wishes to you. We're all here for you if you need anything. <3
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry, Whit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • I know I haven't been around a lot, but I want you to know that I think you're awesome for being able to come to this decision. As you've probably noticed, you've got a ton of friends here if you ever need to vent. :)
  • I'm new to posting here, but very sorry to hear that you've reached the point where you want to end the marriage. I don't know much about your history with your husband, but I know this couldn't be an easy decision to make.

Good luck to you, and have faith that many people walk away from a bad marriage and go on to have a fulfilling and happy life. You will, too.
  • I haven't been around much, but I've been lurking occasionally and I wanted to add my thoughts. I'm sorry you are going through this, but we all know you are strong. Obviously more strong than Shane, who just follows his mothers orders. I can't imagine dealing with a MIL like that.  I know you'll be so much happier in the long run. *hugs*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Whit, I almost missed this too.

I am so sorry.  I just told H and he said "this is the one that is married to the Rodeo Clown wannabe?  It's about time".

Hugs to you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards