New Hampshire

Hair & Makeup recs?

Hi ladies!  I've been gone for a while, grad school is more than a little bit of a lifesuck, but I've got time management down much better and I'm starting to work wedding planning back into the mix :)

I'm looking for recommendations for hair & makeup.  I want to start by saying I've already heard back from Caitlin Murphy, but she's a little pricier than I was hoping for.  I've also emailed Candice French but have yet to hear back on her availability.

For background, we're getting married at Searles Castle, and will be getting ready in the Salem/Windham area, so we will either need local salons or MUA/HS who can travel.  Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!
Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI

Re: Hair & Makeup recs?

• I used Candice French for make-up.  She was great! You won't be dissappointed if you go with her.  I got married at the Granite Rose in Hampstead but was getting ready at the Crowne Plaza in Nashua.  Candice came at 6AM to make sure I (and my BMs) was ready in plenty of time for my 11 AM wedding.

For hair I used Christine Jolicoeur from Merlin's Salon in Manchester.  She also came to the hotel to get me and my ladies ready.  Her prices were quite reasonable and you get a trial as well. I loved what she did with my hair.
    Anniversary
  • I highly recommend Donna Cotnoir from Custom For You NH. She did hair and makeup for me, my BMs, and the two moms, didn't rush through any of it. She did an excellent job! She is so sweet and very professional. She does travel, also, which IMO is easier than having to trek out to the salon. Definitely look into her! :)
    Anniversary
  • Nicole Houde she was Miss USA 2010
    missusa2010@gmail.com or 603-289-5632

or
    http://www.pictureperfectnh.com/
    from the website
    Serving Areas of New Hampshire, Massachusetts & Maine
    Thanks to our happy clients & great fan base, as well as many colleagues in the business, on 10/17/11 Erika was nominated as 1 of 3 nominees for
    Boston's Makeup Artist of the Year 2011, organized by Raw Natural Born Artists of Boston!!!
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_hair-makeup-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:a6b627b0-3c3b-492a-aa0b-8f8d1d4c2732Post:e54e7da9-fd72-4aae-b875-4797c6e9853c">Re: Hair & Makeup recs?</a>:<strong>
    [QUOTE]I used Candice French for make-up.  She was great! You won't be dissappointed if you go with her. </strong> I got married at the Granite Rose in Hampstead but was getting ready at the Crowne Plaza in Nashua.  Candice came at 6AM to make sure I (and my BMs) was ready in plenty of time for my 11 AM wedding. For hair I used Christine Jolicoeur from Merlin's Salon in Manchester.  She also came to the hotel to get me and my ladies ready.  Her prices were quite reasonable and you get a trial as well. I loved what she did with my hair.
    Posted by dhdaydream[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm hoping, but I haven't heard back since I emailed her two weeks ago.  I've noticed a couple of other people looking for her, but still nothing.  I wrote to her again yesterday, fingers crossed.

ETA: I looked up Merlin's salon in Manchester, but they don't seem to have a Christine Jolicoeur, just a Christie Yaris...am I looking at the wrong place, did she go elsewhere, did she get married...?
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • We used Erin Convery for makeup, (Nashua).  891-2256 or erin-convery@comcast.net.  Her sister, Corey, is a hairdresser and sometimes partners with her.  They were both fantastic!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_hair-makeup-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:a6b627b0-3c3b-492a-aa0b-8f8d1d4c2732Post:202faf14-c784-4edd-9a20-3ad2de8b6a6d">Re: Hair & Makeup recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hair & Makeup recs? : This is what I'm hoping, but I haven't heard back since I emailed her two weeks ago.  I've noticed a couple of other people looking for her, but still nothing.  I wrote to her again yesterday, fingers crossed. ETA: I looked up Merlin's salon in Manchester, but they don't seem to have a Christine Jolicoeur, just a Christie Yaris...am I looking at the wrong place, did she go elsewhere, did she get married...?
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

She did get married this past December, so my guess is she has already changed her name. Give them a call or stop by...she was great!
    Anniversary
  • Does Candace have a website?  I have been procrastinating on makeup myself :)
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards