Honeymoon Discussions

Hawaii Help

Hello, I am looking for advice on booking a Hawaii honeymoon. I'm not sure where to start except using an internet site like expedia. Any help is greatly appreciated. We would like to go in October and an all inclusive sounds great! Thanks!

Re: Hawaii Help

• I think there is only 1 all inclusive place in Hawaii. 

We used the travel agency called Blue Hawaii.  My boss had used them before and had a good experience. 

http://www.blue-hawaii.com/

Of course you can also look at Expedia and those sites but I think you will get more upgrades and such from a travel agent
  • You should start by picking up some books about Hawaii.  Each of the islands is very different and you need to decide what kinds of things you're interested in doing.  I recommend the Revealed books.

As far as all-inclusive, pp is right - there is only one in Hawaii and it's on the Big Island.  However, this isn't your typical all-inclusive.  It's meant to be a total getaway and they have no phones, TVs, etc and I believe it's super expensive.  There is no need for all-inclusive in Hawaii anyway since there is so much to see and do.
  • I definitely wouldn't do an all inclusive... there is so much to see and do outside the resorts!  I would go to a travel agent first.  Tell them what you are looking for;  many times they have been there before and can make recommendations.  It doesn't cost anything and it will give you a head start.  We booked through a travel agent though b/c we went to 4 islands and there was no way I was going to try and figure out all those flights and hotel bookings on my own. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I agree with the PP -- the first thing to do is research the islands and decide which one(s) you want to visit and go from there.  We used Travelocity to book ours but only after we had done extensive research.
  • Ditto the Revealed series: http://wizardpub.com It's brilliant! And pp is right, there's only the one AI (and it's not even fully an AI). Thankfully, it's HAWAII, so the last thing you're going to want to do is sit around an get drunk at the swim up bar. There's so much to do and see on each of the islands.

For more of a taste of home though, condos are a great way to go. Some of the ones I've stayed in have been way nicer than the hotels.

Start by doing your research on the islands - each has a different vibe, so it's important to know what you want out of your vacation - and then start looking at prices. I found that, for my guests, they got the best deals by contacting the hotels/condos directly.
  • I booked our HM through VIP Vacations.  We are doing 2 islands.  I looked all over the internet, but the TA prices were cheaper.  We are going to book things to do once we get to the islands.  We are going to Oahu for 4 days and Maui for 6.  Everyone always says to go to Maui!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're going to the BI and Maui. If I could only pick one, it would probably be Maui haha! We decided based on what we wanted to do.  I wanted to lay on the beach, and FI wanted to see a volcano. 

If you really want an all inclusive, you might be better off going to Mexico.  AI's are nice, but FI and I are a little more independent.  We wanted to be able to pick our own activities and restaurants.  I think we would go with AI if we just wanted to hang out and relax.
    Photobucket
  • Just found this online from 2009!  It is supposed to be updated in April.  I haven't read through it all. Hope it helps.

http://www.mauihawaii.org/MauiPDF.pdf
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards