October 2012 Weddings

Beach Wedding Dress - Question

Do you think that either of these dresses would be okay for a beach wedding/indoor reception?

I really love them both, but I am not sure if they are too formal...

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=JSM1379

http://www.kirstiekelly.com/wedding/signatureDetail/signature-c2205.html

Re: Beach Wedding Dress - Question

• I think they're both beautiful! The second one seems a little bit 'lighter' - fit for a beach wedding.. and I LOVE the straps! Have you tried them on? Go with which ever one you feel the best in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker not
  • I think they are both pretty. The first one is much too formal in my opinion but I think the second one would be very nice... My only concern is the train, do you really want your dress dragging behind you if you are walking on the beach? I suppose you could just bustle it from the start, but I don't know if that would maybe defeat the purpose.

I do love the second one tho and think it is eleagant but simple enough to be used for a beach wedding, as long as you think about what you want with it dragging across the sand.
  • I'm a bit jealous that you're getting married on the beach, I wanted to get married on the beach but a destination wedding wasn't in the picture.. I keep thinking I want to just elope to someplace tropical..ahh maybe for our 10th anniversay vow renewal when we don't need to worry about having people come.. anyways... I think #2 is better also.  I think #1 might be a bit too fancy for a beach wedding.
  • I am also a destination bride who is also getting married on the beach. I had no idea what I wanted but I got advice from the ladies over on the DW board. They said that I should find a dress that I loved and go with that one. They gave me the advice to try everything on just as I was not have a DW. That being said, I really like both dresses. Have you tried them on? Did you fall in love with one of them? In the end it's completely up to you. You should stop by the DW board and check out some of the dresses over there.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I think they are both pretty, dress #2 seems to more suited for a beach wedding as dress #1 looks very dressy. But like others have said you will not know until you try them on.
  • I like number 2 better for a beach wedding.. If you want to add some sparkle to it you would always add a belt or a broach somewhere. The first one is beautiful but a little too formal for the beach. However, I would go with the one you fall in love with and can't live with out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He first dress is stunning but like PP have said...it looks just a little formal for a beach wedding..dress number two is also fabulous and much more suited to a beach wedding just because it looks less frilly and formal. I would also be concerned about the train dragging the sand like PP mentioned..sand will get all in the train and be hard to get out I would think. Ultimately its your decision and go with your heart..which one will you feel the best in? Be the happiest in?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

I tried on dress #1 and it was a pretty heavy dress compared to other dresses I tried on.  Its def not something you want to drag down the sand.
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • I agree with PP, wear whatever you love. I have a Sottero dress, Desirae, and am SO EXCITED about it! It's perfect, comfortable, looks fabulous, and is the greatest fabric ever created by man! Tongue Out So I'm a little biased towards number one.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone!  I think that I am going to end up with dress number 1!  I really love it and I know that I will be happy in it all night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards