New York

I need help! (again!)

...and not of the mental kind...not yet anyways!

My FSIL gave me her centerpieces and I want to find a way to make them my own, or at least somewhat different as shes my FSIL and there will be a lot of doubles between weddings. The pic below is what I have to work with (minus the mirror) and red petals. My florist ordered white roses in bulk and said I should have left over roses to use if I want them (she'll even set them up b/c shes great!) By "I should" i mean I will. FSIL used her as well and the rose petals on all her tables were her extra flowers just de-petaled. So...how can I make them my own?! Im working on this tomorrow (Wednesday). I also need to buy green ribbon and such to match my colors. Thoughts??

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I need help! (again!)

• edited December 2011
    are your tables round or rectangular??
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe instead of candle in the votive holders, do a pretty green ribbon around and a single white rose bud in the holder.
    If you have a monogram, you can put a monogram sticker in place of where the buckle is in Kara's picture... it will personalize it a little more.
    If you don't have a monogram, I can help you with one.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_need-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:46e89dd8-604a-452b-9062-c851ef759434Post:113df0ee-72f9-4daf-9779-4f0f9017e4fd">Re: I need help! (again!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should have "craft" day. Bring all of your wedding projects, some wine/beer, some food, and work on them all day and help each other!
    Posted by libordke22[/QUOTE]

Yay!!!  Count me in!!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Oooo! Im a little late but I love that idea! Mom and I are going out today to Michaels to see what I can find. I dont have a monogram, but I looove the ribbon Kara put up! But if we do get stuff done today I'll still come along to help you girls and maybe Ill have other ideas for myself oooooooooor maybe Kara you could teach me the hanger thing so I can make them for my girls!!!

Ok well, Im going out and Ill be at moms all day so Ill tty ladies later!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    I love the ribbon idea. If you need a monogram I can whip something up... i'm still learning some parts of illustrator but I made my own. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I like that!! Ok so heres what Ive come up with. Pretty sweet and simple.

All of them will have these diamond cut stones. The center vase will have a few orange stones as well. All 4 will have a LED light put in the center of the stones.

Im going to have green ribbon (see through so you dont lose the stone/light effect) around the 3 smaller ones with either a monogram or I found a cute 'D' sticker to hide the ends. Question is...thick or thin ribbon? Or both varied per table?

THEN! Im going to have a wire (made to look pretty) out of the center to hold the Table #

• edited December 2011
    Monica- the tables are round.

Oh and I may or may not have a few flower petals. Not a ton if I do, Im not a fan of the look

• edited December 2011
    Thin- definitely.  The thick doesn't lay flat.  Looks DIY.  lol
    I loove the idea of the LED light inside the stones.  Very nice!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinkin that about the thick too. Mom kept saying we could make it work...I wasnt convinced. But thought maybe someone had a secret trick! Haha

• edited December 2011
    I don't know of any tricks, but if we all get together for artsy craftsy time, maybe we could play aorund with it and make it work.  Dunno....
    Online Garage Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards