Not Engaged Yet
Options

Not engaged yet, but...

My boyfriend bought the ring!!!!!Laughing

I'm not allowed to tell anymore. I've been instructed to forget that I ever knew about it. But if I just keep it to myself I'm going to explode lol. Sealed
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not engaged yet, but...

• Options
    Just don't lose your mind, as you could have a lot of waiting time left. I waited a year and a half after he had the ring in hand and I know there have been a couple of others who had long waiting experiences as well.

• Options
    Does someone actually expect you to forget? Did he tell you he bought it or did someone else tell you?
  • Options
    Hi! Welcome. Tell us more about yourself. Do you like wine? Favorite food? Stick around. I went completely crazy last November 2011 and these ladies have helped me stay sane.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! I was with him when he bought it. We were "just browsing" until we found The Ring at a sale price he couldn't pass up, so he bought it and told me it never happened hahaha Laughing  I know I need to give him space to do it in his own time, but it's really hard to resist the urge to start planning flowers and colors and all that fun stuff. I figured this forum would help get it out of my system at least a little bit while giving me a reality check. Yikes, ahstillwell, you had to wait a year and a half? I'm glad you made it! How long did the rest of you have to wait? 

Hmm... I like sweeter wines and Italian food. And steak. I love to travel, and I just got into skiing after a recent trip up to the White Mountains. I'm relatively outdoorsy. This summer I'm going to give white water rafting a shot. My favorite travel destination so far has been Playa del Carmen, in Mexico. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_not-engaged-yet-but-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:628ecf6e-a627-4404-9e67-15e57b8823bePost:eec68280-181c-44b1-819f-517fd0298bf1">Re: Not engaged yet, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! I was with him when he bought it. We were "just browsing" until we found The Ring at a sale price he couldn't pass up, so he bought it and told me it never happened hahaha    I know I need to give him space to do it in his own time, but it's really hard to resist the urge to start planning flowers and colors and all that fun stuff. I figured this forum would help get it out of my system at least a little bit while giving me a reality check. <strong>Yikes, ahstillwell, you had to wait a year and a half?</strong> I'm glad you made it! How long did the rest of you have to wait?  Hmm... I like sweeter wines and Italian food. And steak. I love to travel, and I just got into skiing after a recent trip up to the White Mountains. I'm relatively outdoorsy. This summer I'm going to give white water rafting a shot. My favorite travel destination so far has been Playa del Carmen, in Mexico. 
    Posted by erika610[/QUOTE]
    My friend had to wait even longer as it... it never came. He got the ring (had her pick one out, took me to see it and put a payment down on it,etc)  and then used it as an emotional weapon for about a year until eventually they broke up.<div>
    </div><div>Enjoy your relationship and worry about the planning later when you have to lol. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    <div>I LOVE Italian food and traveling. I hope to go to Italy someday and have real Italian food. </div></div>
  • Options
    congrats! I am in the same boat as you too. Waiting currently.. I was with my boyfriend when he purchased my ring also. Im super excited and already started thinking about some small details. we have been talking about marriage before the ring anyways so we both knew its what each other wanted.
  • Options
    That's great! I'm glad I found this forum, it's making the waiting game much easier on me: We had a discussion the other day about our prospective bridal party and groomsmen, and I told him that if a wedding isn't happening next winter, we're going to Disney in the fall. I consider it a win either way. We've been together on and off since my freshman year of high school, and he stayed my best friend even when we weren't together. We moved in together almost 8 years ago, and have been officially together for 3 years now. It's been a rocky road for us but we're both on the same page now. I'm so excited for what the future holds for us. As far as pets go, we have a cavalier named Daisy and three cats, Ash, Twiggy, and Scuttle. We're trying to get Twiggy to lose weight but I think we're fighting a losing battle with him, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Vintagelove4Vintagelove4 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Hello and welcome to the board! FI had me wait a year and eight months before he asked. What's your favorite dessert? Favorite holiday?

Edit: spelling
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I can't figure out how to add photos to this with my phone. :/ he's been dropping hints left and right so I'm hoping it'll be soon. For example, last night when we were grocery shopping, he told me he's so glad that I'll take his name when we get married. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite dessert... That's tough. I think my alltime favorite is bananas foster. Other than that, it depends on the season. In winter and fall, I love pumpkin and maple. In the summer, I prefer lighter desserts like pineapple, strawberry shortcake, and angel food cake. My favorite holiday is Christmas. How about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards