New York

hair and makeup- SYRACUSE AREA

My fiance and I are getting married in Syracuse and we currently live in Long Island, I'm not familiar with any hair salons in the area any good hair and make up artist in the area? 

Re: hair and makeup- SYRACUSE AREA

• edited December 2011
    To be perfectly blunt, no one is answering your questions b/c you came on here and with no "Hi my name is..." you simply started hammering with questions. One of the most stressed points on the majority of TK boards is to lurk fora few days/weeks before posting. This way you get to know the vibe of the board and the people who frequent it. If you had lurked on this board for a few days you would have known that we are (generally) a very friendly group of girls who appreciate respect. To us, respect is giving us a brief into (ie. Hi, my name is ___. Im getting married on___, in ___. Maybe even a little about your budget.) This is huge. We range of $ to $$$ on this board and you could get a variety of answer and waste some of our times if we dont know a bit of specifics.

If you'd like answer please give us a bit more information. Maybe you could even try saying "Hi" we're real people, not robots.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not going to hold the intro thing against you. To me this is a forum and you just want some advice..... I won't hold it against you. :)

Congrats and personally I know what it is like to plan a wedding from a far. I live in Baltimore and was married in Syracuse. Hair and make up was something I started on right away because I didn't know anyone. I went with Miracles salon in Fayetville and they were AMAZING! Everyone loved them and they really were great the day of the wedding. My friend had used them 2 years prior and everyone looked great. They also do airbrush makeup for a reasonable price and it is phenomenal. Danielle for makeup and Kendala for hair. They had plenty others for the rest of the bridal party but they are mainly the bridal hair and make up. I booked them over a year ahead of time because I knew they were good and I didn't want to chance them not being available. I am glad I did because my hair and makeup came out just the way I wanted. Here is a picture :)

Photobucket
  • zqtpie4uzqtpie4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soo much , I appreciate the help. I will definetely look into it, considering my wedding is in July 2012, ill get on it quickly.  Was it expensive? Or is it a package for the bridal party? You looked stunning by the way! And congrats on getting married!!
  • edited December 2011
    All their prices were online so you could check there. They were in the process of updating them when we went bc of their new prices. I'm not home otherwise I'd tell you. I'll check later tonight. Thanks for the kind words- they did a great job!!!
    Photobucket
  • zqtpie4uzqtpie4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found the site, thanks for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_hair-makeup-syracuse-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:b9c18685-8642-4e98-8b0f-3138da9c4d4dPost:c6652851-590e-4579-a9c4-215e35c8a347">Re: hair and makeup- SYRACUSE AREA</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going to hold the intro thing against you. To me this is a forum and you just want some advice..... I won't hold it against you. :) Posted by kkozlo2[/QUOTE]

Isnt that just darling. Its still rude anywhere to expect answers without a simple "Hello".

You may be be able to overlook rudeness, but apparently youre the only one. This world is going to chit b/c everyone is so flippin rude and theres too many people like yourself willing to overlook it. I hold people to a higher standard. I expect people to have some sort of respect.

Maybe to some people this is "just a forum" but if you spend 2 seconds on here you see that to the majority of us its not. We get together, some of us have becomes pretty good friends. We talk about more than just our weddings, we get pretty personal on here. So I absolutely do hold it against her. We're sharing personal feelings on here and she cant simply start a post off with "Hi"? Screw the whole "My name is, Im getting married at.." chit. "Hi" Thats it. So flipping rude she cant even say "hi" and youre rude enough to let us all know that you dont care. Youre no better.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    whoa. I don't know if you are having a bad day, but I was kind of feeling like it's not that big of a deal for someone to pop on here and ask a few questions for recommendations either.
    It really doesn't bother me much.. unless they plan to stick around, and THEN it would be nice to know more about then. Not everyone here hangs out IRL. I am good friends with Alyssa IRL, but I don't expect everyone here to know that or make anyone feel unwelcome on this board because they show some dissent about my opinion or don't take time to tell me abou themselves. When someone calls my office for information they don't always give me the 911 upfront on who they are or what's happening.. it may just be a few quick questions and I'm happy to answer. If they choose to come in for an appt. then we dig a little deeper. I have the same feeling about sticking around on this board. 
    Katie's response was perfectly kind, welcoming, and not directed towards you. Your response towards her was downright nasty to the point that I felt like butting in, something that I just don't do on here. I hope you were just having a bad day, because I feel like there was no need to make her feel ashamed for her kindness.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to echo Emie's thoughts. The OP was looking for recommendations for salons in Syracuse area. Now I know I couldn't be of much help to her, but just because she is a new poster, I don't expect a whole introduction from her. To me, if I were a new poster (which I was at one point) I would be deterred from posting and would go elsewhere. I know that this is the internet, but why does everyone need to know the details of my life? If I want to share I'll share. What if someone is a very private person and doesn't want to share information. The first post should not be an inquisition. I agree if a person is going to stick around on the board that they should introduce themselves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kudos to Emie and Alyssa. They said what I tried to say last week much better.
  • edited December 2011
    Emie, when someone calls your office do they start the convo by hammering questions at you or do they say "Hi my name is.... I have a question about...."??? I ddnt ask for her life story, just a little wedding background to help us answer her (this is a wedding website right? I mean we do all come on here to talk about our weddings?!?!)

Im deleting the rest of my comment b/c none of you are worth it. If you want to feed disrespect you go right ahead. I on the other hand will hold people to a higher standard.

• edited December 2011
    Again...not worth it

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_hair-makeup-syracuse-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:b9c18685-8642-4e98-8b0f-3138da9c4d4dPost:85fd209c-7e62-4d7e-8ef5-df4a74f10e12">Re: hair and makeup- SYRACUSE AREA</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: hair and makeup- SYRACUSE AREA : <strong> Isnt that just darling</strong>. Its still rude anywhere to expect answers without a simple "Hello". You may be be able to overlook rudeness, but apparently youre the only one. <strong>This world is going to chit b/c everyone is so flippin rude and theres too many people like yourself willing to overlook it. I hold people to a higher standard. I expect people to have some sort of respect. </strong>Maybe to some people this is "just a forum" but if you spend 2 seconds on here you see that to the majority of us its not. We get together, some of us have becomes pretty good friends. We talk about more than just our weddings, we get pretty personal on here. So I absolutely do hold it against her. We're sharing personal feelings on here and she cant simply start a post off with "Hi"? Screw the whole "My name is, Im getting married at.." chit. "Hi" Thats it. So flipping rude she cant even say "hi" <strong>and youre rude enough to let us all know that you dont care. Youre no better.</strong>
    Posted by DondadaTimes2[/QUOTE]

This is my problem.
    You talk about respect, what did this girl Katie do to you? Are you holding a grudge against her? She responded to someone's question and you treat her like a pile of garbage. It's unacceptable to me. Do you know what I do? I'm a mental health therapist so I know a thing or two or about how people should be treated. Hearing the way you react "on this forum" is irrational, and its bullying.
    Not only are you blowing things way out of proportion, but  being friends with other people on here, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with anything else. So what? It doesn't give you any authority. Or me for that matter. Of course we can all nicely ask others for an intro, but acting like you own the place isn't going to get you very far with me.
    And no, people don't neccesarily give their name when they call my office. They might just run a scenario by me. We all  presume we are brides here. And we all have "screennames". If you don't have the info to share, just skip the post, obviously someone else had info to share.
    Don't take yourself so seriously, because I don't. I refuse to be bullied here, or anywhere else, and I don't think it's right to disrespect Katie, or any other women here unless they break the rules of TK, and not posting a bio, or not respecting your authoritiy don't fit in that category.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Emie, take your mental health therapy and stick it, please. Ive worked in mental health facilities myself. I hold people to a standard. If you dont like it you can take your own advice and skip over it. If you dont like what I have to say, dont be a hypocrite, ignore it. Nobody needs you jumping to their defense. You aret going to shut me down or make me feel 2 inches big. So move on and get over yourself.

• edited December 2011
    it's not about shutting you down. it's about not being bullied by you. When I read your condescending tone towards someone who is simply offering advice it makes me cringe, and feel unwelcomed myself.
    People are here for several reasons, and despite how you may be feeling right now, I doubt any of them are with bad intent.
    You aren't going to shut ME up, because you don't own this board. I don't think I am a big person, or have anything over anyone, so your comment about trying to make you feel 2 inches big, or needing to get over myself is kind of curious. If I were doing that, I would have said something like this: "When you finish grad school, get your license, work as a therapist for 6 years, then come and talk to me about your expertise. kay?"
     I am just asserting myself as having the right to speak up as much as you do. It seems to me like you try to make others feel 2 inches big. I respect you (when you aren't acting like a bully or calling names), and I expect the same in return for myself, as well as everyone else. That's who I am.
    Have a good night.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
  • edited December 2011
    Holy claws, ladies.

I do have to say that I really don't think it's too much to ask for a simple "Hi.  My name is..." and it is helpful to learn a little bit about them/their wedding in order to give the best responses.... but I think I've come to accept the fact that some people just don't get it.

Either I am mellowing out or everyone else is getting snarkier.  Can't we all just get along? 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Its a bit of both Monica.

"If I were doing that, I would have said something like this: "When you finish grad school, get your license, work as a therapist for 6 years, then come and talk to me about your expertise. kay?" "
    It was nice of you to hide behind an example rather than balls up and say it to me. When you know anything about me and my life you can say what you want. I dont give a rat what your degree is, what your job is, etc. Im so sick of people with any sort of mental health degree thinking they can throw it around like Im gunna go "Oh well you have a degree in that so Im so obviously wrong!" Im not your client so save the lecture. If I wanted the opinion of a professional, Id see one.

I'd love to "get along" but Im so sick of this chit. How many time have people been asked for a little background on their wedding before throwing down the questions? This is a WEDDING website. Now Im the one thats going to get slammed for it? I jumped at Katie b/c she couldnt answer the girls question without throwing in "I'm not going to hold the intro thing against you. To me this is a forum and you just want some advice..... I won't hold it against you. :)" Good for you darlin. Nobody answered the posts in a few days and I simply stated why. I dont need your added little BS comments.

Im done with this thread. This is such BS and a waste of my time. Thank you ladies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards