Plus-Sized

short dress bride?

My wedding plans have been all over the place and we booked the flights and there are no more changes to plans any more and we are getting married in vegas.  I love dolly couture dress's and plan on ordering one for my wedding, but apart of me is somewhat hesitant because I am not sure of the dress will make me appear larger.  Has anyone else been a dolly bride? or a tea length dress bride or planning on wearing?

Re: short dress bride?

• I tried on a few shorter dresses and it was not pretty but that may be because I'm sort (5 foot 2). I'm thinking if your taller you should be able to pull it off
  • I think it depends on your height as well. Tea length though is pretty, not too short or too long. And Dolly Couture dresses are adorable. I bet with the right hairstyle and accessories, you will ROCK it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was obsessed with the Dolly Couture dresses..... I went to a few stores and tried on similar gowns to see if the shape would work on me.  My body just wasn't having any part of them.... I've seen so many awesome plus size brides totally rocking the tea length dolly dresses...... For me... it made me look and feel like a short whale.  I'm 5'1 and wear a 16/18 street size.   I suggest trying on some similar in shape/length just to make sure you're happy with that and go from there with ordering :)
  • thanks for the reply's!  I have been driving myself crazy with my tea length obsession lol.  I am 5'6 and about a size 16/18, I tend to carry al my weight in my stomach area though so I am wondering if it can be camoflauged or not lol
  • I am 5'5ish and wore a tea length a-line gown as a bridesmaid. I was a size 12/14 at the time at it actually worked well! I was shocked because I was told tea length was horrible for 'bigger girls'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards