Nevada-Las Vegas

Sin City Cupcakes/Freed's Bakery Tasting Reviews

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We went to Vegas for the long weekend to do our cupcake and cake tastings and to also get FI's tux picked out and fitted so all we have to do is pick it up the day before the wedding. I'll add that review as well.

Sin City Cupcakes-LOVED LOVED LOVED! I really liked the fact that Lisa and Danielle brought the cupcakes to us to our hotel and met us at the bar seating area for us to do our tasting appointment. Even bought us drinks. We picked 6 of their alcohol infused cupcakes to try and OMG were they delicious! Moist, full of flavor and full of alcohol because by the time we were finished eating all 6 cupcakes I was feeling a little cross eyed LOL The girls were really friendly, went over everything with us, showed us table set-ups on their iPad, and answered all the questions we had very patiently. Their tastings are not free nor does the fee go towards if you book them but we were fine with that. To taste 6 cupcakes it was $40 + tax. They also deliver FREE to your venue and if you would like for them to set-up, they have really pretty tier stands, frames for the name of the cupcakes, tablecloths, etc. Depending on the size of your event, table set-up is an additonal $60 and up. They will also pick up the stands from the venue so you don't have to worry about returning them. The flavors we tried were Russian Climax, Chocolate Wasted, Blonde Moment, Marilyn Monroe, Bailey's Wet Surprise and Midnight Mystery. The ones we loved and will go with were Russian Climax, Midnight Mystery, Marilyn Monroe and Blonde Moment. I also forgot to add that their cupcakes are $42.00 a dozen and you can mix flavors and they can also match the cupcake wrappers and frosting to your wedding colors.

Freed's Bakery-We didn't need an appointment and could just walk in anytime to do a cake tasting. We showed up around 5 p.m. or so, and they have a separate area set up with all the display cakes and different reps at desks to help you. I can't remember the name of the lady who helped us, but she was nice. I was surprised how much cake they gave us to try. They brought me and my FI each a plate that had 6 different cake flavors, the frostings they offer and the fondant they put on the cakes (That was ok, it was chewy). The flavors we tried were Strawberry Fields Forever, Bavarian Rhapsody, Heavenly Chocolate, Lemon Chiffon, Red Velvet and Almond Cake. The best one out of all of them was the Almond Cake (almond cake with amaretto filling). Really good. The one we both liked the least was the red velvet. Was just too thick and sweet. Their 50/50 frosting was really good too. I found them to be pricey. I wanted just a 6" round of the Almond Cake for me and the FI to have in our room the next day with champagne, and for the 6" cake they wanted $71.00. They charge $45.00 (on cakes $100 & up and $29.00 for cakes under a $100) for delivery and a $10.00 deposit is required for the plastic holders they place in the cake tiers and that you have to return in order to get your $10.00 deposit back. I also got a quote for the Black Diamond Cake they have for a 2 tier 6"x8" and that would be $195.00 + $45.00 for delivery+$10.00 deposit for the plastic holders. They also require a 25% deposit on cake orders. Coming here I was really excited because of all the hype but leaving I felt like it was just 'OK'.

Tuxedo Junction-We didn't need an appointment, it was just walk-in and it was busy! You sign-in as soon as you walk in and patiently wait for your turn. They had a lot to offer as far as colors, vests, ties, bow ties, shoes and suits. Looking through all that stuff it didn't seem like we waited to long to be helped maybe like 15 mins. The sales associate who helped us was nice (Don't remember his name) very helpful and patient as we were trying on different color combos and tux jackets to see which ones we liked best. My FI ended up getting a gorgeous all black tux (black tux, black tie, black vest, black shirt and cuff links included). It's funny that was the combo I didn't want before going to try any on and the one that ended up looking the most elegant! Seeing we aren't getting married until May, it was no problem reserving everything so it is all ready for him to pick up the day before the wedding. For everything it was only $80! With $10.00 deposit. They also will pick up the tux from your hotel for you the next day, just leave it at the bellhop desk for no additional cost.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have Smile

Re: Sin City Cupcakes/Freed's Bakery Tasting Reviews

• Thank you sooo much for your review of Sin City...I've been waiting to hear your feedback. I knew I wanted to use them prior, but definitely using them now!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sin-city-cupcakesfreeds-bakery-tasting-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:85d142e5-fdda-49f4-9bbf-d7c1613c96d9Post:d3f27284-fdd2-4a9e-b1f2-d80f21190f55">Re:Sin City Cupcakes/Freed's Bakery Tasting Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you sooo much for your review of Sin City...I've been waiting to hear your feedback. I knew I wanted to use them prior, but definitely using them now!
    Posted by germanlinda[/QUOTE]

Oh great! You will love it! I know I can't wait for our day to have them again, and see them all set-up on their pretty stands and for the guests to be wow'd by them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards