Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Anyone get a butler at a Sandals resort?

Anyone ever go to a Sandals resort and get the butler service? Is there a place online where you can get a full list of what they do? I know some basic stuff like bring you food to your room and reserve you a seat on the beach. But I want to know everything you can request. Also, a do's and don'ts list would be helpful! Thanks!!
"Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone get a butler at a Sandals resort?

• Options
    We're thinking of dong a Sandals honeymoon too...read this the other day while exploring their webste about the buter service: http://www.sandals.com/difference/butler-service.cfmbut I'd love to hear from someone who actually used it what their experience was like too.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    We are honeymooning at a Sandals resort, and I read a bunch of reviews on TA about how it's not worth the surcharge.  At the resort I am at, the rooms are apparently mostly the same (unless you are paying thousands more for the penthouse, etc.), and there are plenty of chairs on the beach without needing to have them reserved.  I really think butlers just do room service, book things for you, and reserve chairs.  And I think that's it.  We opted not to do it because it would have cost us about $1000 for that, and it wasn't worth it at our resort.  Check TA and see what people say about your resort.  If beach chairs and restaurant reservations are hard to come by, it may be worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it would be worth it. And with regards to butlers reserving chairs on the beach for you: At least when we were in Antigua, people would leave things on chairs on the beach all day, so you couldn't get chairs under an umbrella without putting your stuff there super early. The butlers just come along and move the things of people who aren't currently sitting in the chairs (they could just be in the ocean for all the butlers know) so that the butler's guests can sit there instead.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    mmarsden83mmarsden83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We got the butler service when we were on our Honeymoon and we loved it! We stayed at Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia and I would definitely recommend it! They booked dinner reservations for us, called taxi's when we weren't able to take the shuttle, took our bags to and from the room upon arrival and departure, unpacked for us, booked excursions -  told us what to bring and what not to bring, where to go and what to do. We booked dinner at the French restaurant one night and our butler had prepared a special ocean view table for us with wine, rose petals and candlelight. He walked us down to the restaurant himself and sat us. It was nice to get the extra special treatment, especially on your honeymoon! They also reserved chairs for us poolside and brought us food service wherever we were on the resort. One night at like 11:00 I had such a craving for sweets, especially chocolate...we called our Butler and he brought us up an assortment of cakes and teas. Every night that we came back to our room we had something else waiting for us, one night they drew us a hot bath with rose petals, another night they left dessert on the bed for us to share, another night was champagne. We didn't pay extra for all that, it was all included in having the butler. I would definitely recommend it! I loved every second of the special treatment...if you don't do it on your own honeymoon, when are you going to do it?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_anyone-get-a-butler-at-a-sandals-resort?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:1d613a70-b27c-4e11-93f3-cd5df9e5619ePost:48fd27aa-8607-4a60-863a-8cecf570d769">Re: Anyone get a butler at a Sandals resort?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got the butler service when we were on our Honeymoon and we loved it! We stayed at Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia and I would definitely recommend it! They booked dinner reservations for us, called taxi's when we weren't able to take the shuttle, took our bags to and from the room upon arrival and departure, unpacked for us, booked excursions -  told us what to bring and what not to bring, where to go and what to do. We booked dinner at the French restaurant one night and our butler had prepared a special ocean view table for us with wine, rose petals and candlelight. He walked us down to the restaurant himself and sat us. It was nice to get the extra special treatment, especially on your honeymoon! They also reserved chairs for us poolside and brought us food service wherever we were on the resort. One night at like 11:00 I had such a craving for sweets, especially chocolate...we called our Butler and he brought us up an assortment of cakes and teas. Every night that we came back to our room we had something else waiting for us, one night they drew us a hot bath with rose petals, another night they left dessert on the bed for us to share, another night was champagne. We didn't pay extra for all that, it was all included in having the butler. I would definitely recommend it! I loved every second of the special treatment...if you don't do it on your own honeymoon, when are you going to do it?!
    Posted by mmarsden83[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh wow, sounds dreamy :-D</div><div>I can't wait! Thank you so much this was very informative!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards