Missouri-Kansas City
Options

The Pavilion 75th & Nieman at Trailridge

Has anyone had a reception here, or know anyone who has? They're currently working on their website, so I only know what they've told me on the phone. Family-owned, seemed really nice and affordable. They're supposed to send me pictures via e-mail.

I'm brand new at this (engaged less than 2 weeks). I'm still very open to reception venue ideas. It's gonna be a big wedding, though. Probably 250-300 people. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them!

Thanks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Pavilion 75th & Nieman at Trailridge

• Options
    StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually had not heard of them, but I am interested in learning more about them now... I know this doesn't help you at all, but  I wanted to say thank you.  When are you think of having the wedding? I may be able to help a little..
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • Options
    Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might check projectwedding.com for reviews. I totally understand how you feel, I just went through looking for a venue myself. I think this is probably the hardest part and most expensive. I probably looked at 50 different places, not kidding!! We are actually having our wedding in Kansas City, KS (near downtown) and having our reception at the Embassy Suites at the airport. They are totally remodeling their hotel (I think it looks great as it is) and will be done by middle of August. Probably not the most unique location, but it fit our budget. They have really reasonable priced food and liquor. But, again do it where you want! Congrats on your engagement!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually toured it, it was really nice! The lady was SUPER nice too. I didn't like the location, but that was just about the only thing I didn't like about it. You could tell they are very fun and easy to work with, they told me they'd even set up the tables/center pieces for me which is awesome!! They're very striaght up and honest about the price and they break it down, which I reallly liked!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Was the location in a bad area? Or was it just not convenient to have it there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not BAD, just kind of meh...lots of (older) strip malls, fast food places nearby, etc. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, it wasn't in a bad part of town at all! It was just between a dollar store and liquor store which really turned us off. I don't know why, i guess we're too "Johnson Country" :) It was REALLY nice though and it seemed like a good deal for what it was. I would definitely tour it if you're interested!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, it wasn't in a bad part of town at all! It was just between a dollar store and liquor store which really turned us off. I don't know why, i guess we're too "Johnson Country" :) It was REALLY nice though and it seemed like a good deal for what it was. I would definitely tour it if you're interested!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the completely late response but I haven't been on TK very much lately!  We are having our reception there on July 3rd (it's going to be here so soon!)  Kathy (the owner) is great to work with!  She is very flexible and has offered many extras like pp mentioned such as setting up all the centerpieces, lighting candles and pretty much just giving us free reign to do whatever.  We are having a larger wedding also at least your size if not a little larger.  She has seating for 250 but more cocktail height tables also.  We are doing the hors d'oeuvres buffet since we are having a later wedding.

I would recommend just going to look at it, it's beautiful!  I wasn't looking for the hotel ballroom look, I wanted something with a lot of ambience.  Like mentioned the outside is deceiving, once you get inside it's amazing.  The outside wasn't ideal due to the dollar store etc. but it does have a lot of parking which is a perk compared to a ton of the places I looked at downtown.  The prices are great too.

If you have any other questions just let me know.  Good luck with planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at it and it was beautiful!! It is in a crummy area though but you walk inside and you forget about the outside! I don't believe you could fit 250-300 though...it's not that big! Her prices were pretty reasonable though! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I toured the space. I also got all the pricing and information sent via email as well. I have to agree with the others, the space is gorgeous. The perfect ambience I am looking for a reception. The only turn off is the outside location. But once, you are inside it is great!! HTH

Here are some of the pics that she sent to me via email.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards