African American Weddings
Options

What do you do when...

you cannot sleep?!?!  I have been going to bed later and later all week.  I look crazy and have been struggling to keep it together.  What is pissing me off is I am tired and cannot sleep!  So, what do you do?  One suggestion is to journal.

Re: What do you do when...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww, I'm sorry to hear that...but I think we have all been there. Since me and FI don't live together I usually call him and wake him up and tell him I can't sleep...we end up talking until I fall  asleep on him (not on purpose). If it goes on too long I would suggest talking to your doctor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there something weighing heavily on your mind?

Try journaling or meditating before bed

I'd suggest working out about 4 hours before the time you want to go to bed also, to help tire you out. 

If you're in bed and tossing/turning, I'd suggest getting up, getting some water or something and quietly write down everything you were just thinking about during toss/turning.

Then either write a response to the issue or release it until the morning.  A symbolic "releasing" of the problem sometimes helps and lets you quiet your mind.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say one night stay up late, but in the morning wake up early so by the next night you will get sleepy early. Every night stay up less late and sleep a tad later until you get to the time you would like to wake up and would like to go to sleep most nights. I know this is a technique that some doctors will use.

Also maybe taking a hot bath or shower before bed with a relaxing scent like lavender. Also a cup of hot SleepyTime tea by Bigalow. If you are not a compulsive shopper then maybe the shopping channel if you have a tv in your room and set the tv to go off on its own. Most doctors would say to not watch tv, but I like to do so sometimes to make my mind lazy because I won't think too much about the shopping channel.

I find myself not being able to sleep when I think about the wedding before bed because then I start planning in my mind and visualizing things. I will stay up for hours doing that.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  @ Dani910..you are spot on! 

I am believing it will improve greatly this upcoming week since I did some "purging" (packing for the big move) this AM.
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I drink a glass of wine, I fall asleep within a few minutes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You got a ton of great responses from the PPs!  I usually get up and stretch - when I release tension in my body/muscles, I am able to just sink into the bed and fall right out. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards