Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

The Pros Videography

Has anyone used "The Pros" for videography? I am in Phoenix and looking for a reasonably priced videographer. I don't want my video to look like a family member took it on their home video camera. I would like to hear our vows and the toasts made.  I went to bridal show this past weekend and talk to this company. Just wondering if anyone has used them and if they were happy or unhappy.   

Thanks!!

Re: The Pros Videography

• NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Phoenix, but I've never heard of this company before.  I used Memories Through Time, and our video was exactly what we wanted.

Try posting this on the Phoenix board for more responses.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would seriously advise against using them.  A girl on my local knot board (Columbus, OH) posted a link to a review from another giril who used The Pros and had a HORRIBLE experience.  I'll copy the link below.  The major problem I have with them is that they're basically a contract group.  You call their 1-800 number and they contract out a videographer or photographer.  If I were you I'd find someone who's local in your city.  Good luck!

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_not-use-pros-photography
  • misslizlovesmisslizloves member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SOOO much for sending that link!!! I will not be using them after reading about the company!! 
  • misslizlovesmisslizloves member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not heard of Memories Through Time... I will look them up today!! Thank you SO much. This is the only vendor I have to find myself, I am new to Phoenix, so I don't have a clue!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I just checked out that link about the Pros. Posted by someone who joined the knot in 2005, their bio says their wedding is in 2013, and they have made only 5 posts. At a guess they are a photographer in competition with the Pros.
  • GeovyGeovy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Pleaseeee don't use THE PROS! I had a horrible experience with them. My DJ cancelled at the last minute and they sent me another, who was a disaster, he didn't play half of the music that I required. He asked me for a mp3 player with my favorite music to play at the wedding... Weird!  That's not his job? ...most of the time my guests were sitting on the tables. My wedding pictures weren't that great, a family member could have taken better ones. I got a lot of the pictures from far away and more pictures of the father and singer than the bride and groom. The video was ok, too long...the videographer just put the camera there and that's it.

This company is very unprofessional and they take forever to deliver your pictures and albums!
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_pros-videography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:226cc827-c87d-4fc8-bc26-039249f3caefPost:5a3dd44c-511d-46dd-99a9-aff7ef104414">Re: The Pros Videography</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just checked out that link about the Pros. Posted by someone who joined the knot in 2005, their bio says their wedding is in 2013, and they have made only 5 posts. At a guess they are a photographer in competition with the Pros.
    Posted by capecod1986[/QUOTE]

Because everyone that claims to have had a bad experience must be a competitor?  No brides are ever disappointed with their vendors?

Not saying this just about The Pros, but on my local board, someone said how they didn't like that a vendor advertised on Craigslist and the vendor came on trying to call her out that she must be a competitor in the wedding business because how dare someone NOT think that the sun shines out of your as$.  It was actually a vendor that I was considering and his response completely turned me off of ever using them.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards