New York-New York City

Bachelorette Bars/Restaurant Suggestions needed!

My Bachelorette Party is going to be the last weekend in March- I'm from Upstate and we'll be staying at the Ace Hotel in Midtwon.
Any ideas on a fun bar, or lounge, or a nice restaurant we can go to? I'd like a casual night and a fun lounge-y night...maybe in Meatpacking Dist.?

Your help is appreciated!

Re: Bachelorette Bars/Restaurant Suggestions needed!

• edited December 2011

Mangia e Bevi - it's in Midtown. IT's a more upbeat dinner type of place, usually filled with bachelorette parties and ladies bday parties on a saturday night. It's really fun, they let you dance on tables and chairs, etc.  Really make it an enjoyable night out. Check out their website.

Theres a few nice lounge types of bars in the area too for afterwards

• cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think STK is a really fun, lounge-y restaurant with good food.  I wouldn't call it casual though.  http://www.onelittlewest12.com/stkny/
  • edited December 2011
    Divine Bar West in midtown (236 West 54th). Loungy vibe, lots of wine, tapas and cheese.  I personally avoid the meatpacking district like the plague on the weekends.  
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions...is meatpacking bad on the weekends? i have no clue
  • edited December 2011
    Meatpacking is overflowing on the weekends, ridiculously expensive, and not to my taste (i'm not into that scene, though)... However, if you want a 'lounge-y' night, lots of the bars there are lounges...
    What types of bar/scene/food are you guys into, and I can help, particularly with the restaurants and with the casual night?
  • edited December 2011
    One of our knotties (and my friend) had a bachelorette dinner at Revel, in the meatpacking district.  It was a great meal for a very reasonable $35 prix fixe.   This was the spring, so we sat in the outdoor/back garden area.  I think this would fit what you're looking for, and then you could hit up some other places for drinks after.  Meatpacking can be annoying, overpriced and ridiculous on weekends, but I think if you're coming in from out of town, it could still be kind of fun. 

Just don't do the ridiculously annoying and overpriced Mangia E Bevi near the theater district... such a waste of money!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Apperantly theyve got a restaurant no one wants to tell me about- so mainly a bar or lounge is what im looking for. I keep hearing about the Ganesvoort but i'm afraid its gonna be the over priced, over crowded you guys are advising me to stay away from. I'm 27...i'm kinda over the fist-pumping club scene.
    It would be nice to be outside, but at the end of March- doubtful!
    Thank you guys for your help! :) I'll check out all the ones u've mentioned online.

• edited December 2011
    Well, the Lower Eastside is hardly better anymore than the Meatpacking, which is sad b/c back in the day, the LES was something else... But I digress, if you want a lounge-y spot but without the frat boy scene of Meatpacking, you could try the Delancey... http://www.thedelancey.com/
    they have a rooftop bar area - call before you set it up though to make sure it'll be open and not in a private party.  It's been gorgeous here so you might have great weather luck.  Who knows?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards