New York-Long Island
Options

Videography or no videography, that is the question

Hi Everyone,

My fiancé and I have been debating whether having a videographer is worth it. If we don't get one it leaves a little more money for a photographer and some other things. He says it's up to me. I think it's something nice but also can be a waste. We'll probably watch it once then put it away. I was curious what everyone's opinions were on it. If you're planning your wedding are you hiring one? If you're already married did you have one, if so is it worth it, if not, do you regret it?
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Re: Videography or no videography, that is the question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got married and did not have video and there were no regrets. So, I would say you could do without it. Looking back I think we made the right choice.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    we did have it. we had them do an edited and unedited version. both rocked. totally worth it imo.

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    and we've watched it far more than once.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My BM didn't have a videographer for her wedding and she told me she regrets not having it because the day went by so fast, it would have been nice to re-live the day.
    My brother & SIL had a videographer and have watched their video a few times in the year they've been married. She told me it was really nice to hear themselves saying their vows to each other. My venue provides video or photo, so I chose their videographer. I wasn't impressed with their in house photographer, plus I figured it would be more expensive to find video on my own.
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    arizoniscjarizoniscj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in 2 weeks and did get a videographer.  Everyone I know who got one said it was completely worth it!  A few people I know who didn't get it, mentioned that they wish they had...  So, we decided to go for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards