Latino Weddings

Something Blue?

Are any of you ladies doing the "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"? If so, what items are you using?

Re: Something Blue?

• edited December 2011
    I've yet to figure this out too - seems like its all in the details at this point.

Old - no idea
    New - dress/jewelry/shoes
    Borrowed - no idea
    Blue - maybe I'll put this into the garter somehow
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I was going to use my mother's wedding band as my something old but my dad and her are divorced so I didn't want to jinx it lol. My dress/shoes/jewelery are also new. My garter is blue. Still looking for something borrowed and old. Oh wait, I'm borrowing my daughter's purse as a clutch, does that count?!

• garzalgarzal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My new is going to be my dress and I borrowed earrings from my FI's BM's wife.  I was going to wear  the first piece of jewelry my FI gave me (a bracelet) as my something old but I might change my mind if my mom finds my Lela's jewelry. 
    I'm having trouble with my something blue :(  My FI told me I should just purchase a blue garter but I'm IN LOVE with a hot pink/zebra print one I saw online.  I tried to find demur blue bridal panties and have only come across sexy thongs.  So, if anyone knows of a website that sells moderate bridal lingerie, please send it my way Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Something old - my engagement ring. We are going to get new wedding bands.
    Something new - my wedding dress
    Something borrow - grandmother's rosary? not 100% sure yet.
    Something blue - garter
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Well I'm kinda lame and I looked up the roots/ meanings of this tradition and found that I really wanted to do it right lol. I'm not superstitous by any means, but I do like to do certain things every now and then "just in case" haha

Old- pair of undies I already own that also happen to be blue..!
    New- dress
    Borrowed- crinoline from my cousin (which btw I learned is something borrowed from a woman in a successful marriage.. so I really wanted to get that one right haha.. considering the history of divorces and unhappy marriages in my family!! Lol don't want to screw that up!)
    Blue- either my undies or the garter I recieved with my dress. I don't really like it, but it just might do

garzal- I have seen decent blue bridal undies!! I just don't remember where! Lemme look through my bookmarks and such and see if I can find them again. I'll let you know!

• edited December 2011
    Ha! Didnt even think about my panties - I gues I can wear some comfy old panties LMAO

That leaves me with something borrowed...I'll have to keep workingo on that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_something-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:83bf5cef-0846-48cd-859e-16729c1f4b37Post:61588047-a25d-4f43-9fec-e695fc1f8bfd">Re: Something Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha! Didnt even think about my panties - I gues I can wear some comfy old panties LMAO That leaves me with something borrowed...I'll have to keep workingo on that one.
    Posted by JACKIE_RS88[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! I know it always sounds funny pairing "old" and "panties" together. It makes ppl think old as in raggedy lol. But really.. what's more comfortable than a pair you already have and love?? Hahaha! Think about it ;-) Cuz I think the worst case senario would be to be wearing something that ends up bugging you allll day looong. Could you imagine?? Lol
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing it!

Old - A locket with a picture of my grandparents that I will attach to my bouquet
    New - The dress
    Borrowed - My godmother's tiara that she wore at her wedding
    Blue - My shoes!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_something-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:83bf5cef-0846-48cd-859e-16729c1f4b37Post:938e5aca-c616-4435-972f-7a0e7f6af75a">Re: Something Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing it!<strong> Old - A locket with a picture of my grandparents that I will attach to my bouquet</strong> New - The dress Borrowed - My godmother's tiara that she wore at her wedding Blue - My shoes!
    Posted by Cynthia1207[/QUOTE]

Aww Cynthia that's beautiful!! Very touching :)
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_something-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:83bf5cef-0846-48cd-859e-16729c1f4b37Post:c6f1b811-b11f-45f8-8785-aeddcea1c90e">Re: Something Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something Blue? : Aww Cynthia that's beautiful!! Very touching :)
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

My grandparents pretty much helped raise me so I wanted to do something special to honor them.  We're getting married on my grandfather's birthday so it really means so much more than just the wedding.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old: I am going to go to an antique shop and by some blue "pins" and pin them to my flowers/
    Borrowed: my MOH's clutch.
    New: My pearl necklace I bough just for this.
    Blue: I don't know yet. 

Holiday
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_something-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:83bf5cef-0846-48cd-859e-16729c1f4b37Post:e8e5985b-35e9-4f57-ad43-80fc70116904">Re: Something Blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Old: I am going to go to an antique shop and by <strong>some blue "pins"</strong> and pin them to my flowers/ Borrowed: my MOH's clutch. New: My pearl necklace I bough just for this. Blue: I don't know yet. 
    Posted by TLK08[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the blue be your pins TLK? 2in1!
  • clujan50clujan50 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    something new'-of course my dress and shoes etc.
    something old -idk yet
    something borrowed-my grandparents have a good marriage so im going to see if my gramma will lend me something of hers
    something blue-garter but the panties thing is pretty cool
  • edited December 2011
    Old: Bible verse written on a keepsake card (DIY) and pinned to my dress
    New: so many things are new, dress, ring....almost everything I will be wearing is new
    Borrowed: a charm from a girlfriend
    Blue: a necklace that was the first gift FI gave me will be tied to my bouquet as a charm and it is sapphires
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards